Nick 1200 sedan Race car - Shit this things needs finishing

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Re: Nick 1200 sedan

Post by Blair »

nick_m wrote:The diff is a BW which if you ask Bart he'll tell you there crap.
Ok whats a BW Diff and why does Bart think they are crap??
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

Borg Warner diff, and if Bart says they are crap, then they probably are. 8-)
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Post by Blair »

Yeah I just when and read that chat on DOCNZ about them....
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

Barts experience is with the 2 pinion ones. Which pretty everyone agrees are absolute rubbish. The 4 pinion ones are a shed load stronger and I doubt the SR will even tickle it. The unknown is how good the LSD will feel and how long it lasts. There is certainly a lot of 1200's in Aus rocking them behind ca18det's so i'm hopeful.
If I ever need to replace it i'll go another route (and I won't ever listen to the diff shop's advice again) but only because of what I now know about Cone LSd's. When they let go they like to let go in spectacular fashion.
I'm not quite sure what route I would go as an alternative as I'm not really that impressed with hilux ones either. There is a distinct lack of good LSD's available in the 7.5" - 8" range.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I was reading up about the four pinion 28 spline skyline ones on an aussie mopar forum. Guys use them in their vals with good results. guys do 11's on them. Plus they don't sap as much power as ford 9 incher's do.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

They get a lot of use (obviously) over in aus. I guess they are like our hilux diffs here. Not necessarily fantastic but up to the job.
What I'm most interested in is now that its been all shimmed up and nice and tight, is how long it stays nice and tight. Hopefully longer than a equivilant hilux ?
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Post by Blair »

I see. Thanks for the info, both of you.
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

Looks great nick, good to see it with a motor and rolling!
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Well heres the beginnings of my pedal box. There's still a bit more to do but its getting there.....

You'll probably notice its just propped in there at the moment. I'm going to go and talk to the cert man about ways of physically mounting it to the the car but I should hopefully get the mc mounting and the rest of the bracing finished this week
Brnwgn
Financial Member
aka: Hayden

Post by Brnwgn »

looking good nick! i should have done sumthing similar in the rallycar.