mag nuts??

all your DIY needs
grant76
Datsun Nutter

mag nuts??

Post by grant76 »

might be a stupid question, but heard somewhere that ssr mags need special wheel nuts?? By the looks they should take the tapered nuts available from repco etc, just wanted to make sure before i go and spend some $$. Cheers
Flauski
Financial Member

Re: mag nuts??

Post by Flauski »

It depends on the model of wheel not who makes it, post a pic and I will tell you exactly what you need.
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

ive got several sets of ssr wheels, and they all take standard issue datsun wheel nuts!!!
like flauski said, post a pic, or tell us what model wheel, and we can discuss further.
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
_Jake
Regular

Post by _Jake »

Repco. Or if you are in Auckland - Davie Motors Holden. They sell the brand "nice" products, which do a sh*tload of diffent wheel nuts, wheel studs, spacers etc. Im sure there will be somthing in that range thatll suit but youll have to take in a sample
mint16
Financial Member

Post by mint16 »

hmm i work for holden, and havent seen any nuts displayed in the parts department, guess i should ask and see what they can source!!
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
_Jake
Regular

Post by _Jake »

Oh true, yeah i dunno if its just the auckland davie motors thing, or wheather its all the holden franchises that do it, but thats where we used to order them from when i was at repco.
grant76
Datsun Nutter

Post by grant76 »

yeah i thought they should take standard nuts, but when i tried on a tapered nut i had here it was retty much flush with the mag face and couldn't get a wheel brace in to tighten properly. It may just be i have tried on a midget variety of nut, i'll have a measure up of some other ones to see if they're longer. Cheers everyone :D :D
mint16
Financial Member

Post by mint16 »

my standy datto nuts fitted, and they were flush, but you couldnt use a wheel brace with the datto 21mm nuts as there wasnt enough space, would have to use a 1/2" 21mm socket with a powerbar instead to get over the nuts.
and brocky41 got me a set of 19mm nuts anyhow, so can easily use a wheel brace for them.
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon