dylans C31 medalist laurel

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Re: dylans C31 medalist laurel

Post by dirtyleppa »

did some work on the old girl. replaced the rough wheel bearing, stopped the slack in the steering column adjuster, fitted my good headlights and changed the thermostat. unfortunately it was still getting hot, so took it to hornby radiators for them to have a look see.

got a call this arvo saying the core fins were stuffed and there was no air flow through it. the shit thing is a recore is going to cost $500 + gst :?

so plan for tomorrow is to pull the fucked one out, and fit my spare one. hopefully this will sort the heating problem. once that is sorted, i will set the one loose tappet, throw some new plugs at it, then it will all be ready for its debut at rakaia. WOOHOO ;)
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

dirtyleppa wrote: got a call this arvo saying the core fins were stuffed and there was no air flow through it. the shit thing is a recore is going to cost $500 + gst :?
Same thing happened to me when getting the Z18 up and running. I feel your pain bud. Can't wait to see this come Akaroa! Was a shame it wasn't driving around last time I was down.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

dirtyleppa wrote:did some work on the old girl. replaced the rough wheel bearing, stopped the slack in the steering column adjuster, fitted my good headlights and changed the thermostat. unfortunately it was still getting hot, so took it to hornby radiators for them to have a look see.

got a call this arvo saying the core fins were stuffed and there was no air flow through it. the shit thing is a recore is going to cost $500 + gst :?

so plan for tomorrow is to pull the fucked one out, and fit my spare one. hopefully this will sort the heating problem. once that is sorted, i will set the one loose tappet, throw some new plugs at it, then it will all be ready for its debut at rakaia. WOOHOO ;)
or you could try something like this:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 223225.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glad to hear its coming together.
My orangatang 510 here.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

power parts is a member of this forum. http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/memberli ... file&u=567" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

thats something i will look into later ginge. the spare one will do for now
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

dirtyleppa wrote:thats something i will look into later ginge. the spare one will do for now
Ohh yeah absolutly bro. I meant instead of paying $500 :shock: for a recore later down the track :)
My orangatang 510 here.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

well some good news. got the radiator swapped over after work today.

bad news is that the fucking this is still over heating, so that counts the laurel out for rakaia.

im suspecting either a stuffed water pump, or maybe a faulty sender unit. either way, ill look into it in the upcoming weeks and keep you guys updated.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

saw this on JNC. could be keen :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Dont be keen, Stop thinking about the keen please.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

WORD UP :|