Spring length

all your DIY needs
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Spring length

Post by Datto_610 »

Right i went into Stocks on Fri to enquire about a few things, on my list was springs they reccomend that i use a 225lbs spring but i need to know the length i need before i can buy them. Anyone got any ideas????? Damon?? Any help greatly appreciated cheers.

Oh and fronts by the way, being used on a height adjustable conversion.
Last edited by Datto_610 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheater_5
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Spring length

Post by cheater_5 »

i have 250lb/in springs in the front of my gb120 with a series.
Wouldnt even think about going softer. The rear is soft obviously but the fronts awsome. No body roll.
Yay for semi-spam
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

Thats not really a straight forward answer, it depends on a couple of things
The easiest thing you could do is talk really nicely to damon and see if he will give you all the info about what he used, since he has already done it with the same struts etc.
That said most people use an 8" (200mm) spring, I think damon and chris are running them, I'd run a 10" (250mm) spring if you have enough room between your strut tube and wheel to fit the spring (this is usually one of the limiting factors unless your running quite low offset rims)
I would have thought 225 would be a bit on the soft side for a 180b with a ca18, I'm going to be running 275's with the sr but i do expect them to be pretty hard in the 1200. If its just going to be road driven I guess 225's in the 180b will be quite a good compromise for street use.
What wheels/tyres are you running?
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Thanks Nick, was going to run 14" steelies for a while til i got the money together for some jdm rims. Tyres would possibly be 185 or 195's unsure yet to what the other sizes i want just yet.
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

I'm running 175 lb springs, but it only needs to hold an A series in a 1200 up. If you running the CA and in a 610, you will need a heavier spring, but it all comes down to Amount of travel available/ weight of vehicle/ the kind of driving you will be doing/ whether you're using gas shocks/ how big your sway bar is/ and what sort of ride you want. (i think that covers it) 8-)
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Cheers Damon, seems iv got a lot to consider.