Michael's 610 Wagon

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Re: Michael's 610 Wagon

Post by Datto_610 »

I am so jealous man, this wagon is so freakin sweet i still want one!
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

Datto_610 wrote:I am so jealous man, this wagon is so freakin sweet i still want one!
Cheers mate. Bart figured you'd like to see it when I brought it up for the weekend :thumbsup:

After seeing your front suspension setup I'm thinking about going with coilovers on the front of this as well. 8-)
Mikewazowski
Financial Member

Post by Mikewazowski »

Hot damn! Didn't realise i hadn't updated this is ages.

In the interim I've taken my old dogleg 5 speed apart and fixed it (it was stuck in gear). That is now in the wagon and makes cruising so much more enjoyable since the small wheels made it rev a bit.

It's currently up on axle stands in the garage as I lower the suspension. I've chucked 50 mm blocks in the back and will probably get the eyes on the springs reversed to lower it a bit further. In the front I'm chucking together some R31 struts, and I'm going to get the cup welded on as far down as it'll go (same as my sedan). This time around I'm trying to use GT4 inserts to hold everything really captive, but it looks like I'll have to get the threaded end of the insert turned down and rethreaded/milled so that it'll fit through the "D" shape in the 610 top hat.

Soooo busy at the moment with other stuff that I haven't had much time to work on the cars but slowly and surely they get attention. :lol:
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Soounds great, although sounds like a lot of effort to get the strut top to fit, if you are not having to shorten them, can you not enlarge the hole in the spring seat, top plate to suit the insert? It would make replacement easier too.
Datsuns from A to Zed
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

Pictures of low, I dont care if you have to take out springs haha
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

So was my long winded confusing diagnosis of the selector having been knocked into gear when the tail housing was fitted correct?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Mikewazowski
Financial Member

Post by Mikewazowski »

classicdat wrote:Soounds great, although sounds like a lot of effort to get the strut top to fit, if you are not having to shorten them, can you not enlarge the hole in the spring seat, top plate to suit the insert? It would make replacement easier too.
Yeah I think I'm actually going to change the hole in the top plate to suit the insert now. It isn't just a matter of enlarging but also changing the shape of the hole as well. It didn't look like I was going to be able to (too long to explain :P), but now I think that's what I'll do. As you say it will mean that I can replace inserts without hassle (or with minimal hassle at least).
Bartman wrote:So was my long winded confusing diagnosis of the selector having been knocked into gear when the tail housing was fitted correct?
Yup, looks like it. Although I don't know when the tail housing would have been removed for it to happen. Oh well...fixed now 8-) Thanks again Bart.
sssx
Regular
aka: adrian

Post by sssx »

lovn the 180b wagons n man those manarays are so sweet
1 of my bluebirds came fitted with a single manaray and iv never seen another till now
Mikewazowski
Financial Member

Post by Mikewazowski »

sssx wrote:lovn the 180b wagons n man those manarays are so sweet
1 of my bluebirds came fitted with a single manaray and iv never seen another till now
Cheers mate. The manarays are a lot lighter that the original steels that's for sure 8-)
I've never seen another set of them either,...same with the Impuls on my sedan.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I bet the tyres are a big step forward too. The tyres it came with were as shit as the wagon is sweet. :lol:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............