Michael's 610 Wagon

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Re: Michael's 610 Wagon

Post by Mikewazowski »

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head there Bart. Toby hooked my up with some sweet Hankooks 8-)
Mikewazowski
Financial Member

Post by Mikewazowski »

Boom!
100_5090 800.jpg
100_5096 800.jpg
100_5097 800.jpg
I've got approximately 85 mm from the front crossmember to the ground. Looks like it's cert time! :roll:

It's lowered about 90 mm from standard. R31 struts/brakes in the front with 180B cups welded as far down as they could go. I've used Dobisport lows in the front, with KYB GT4 Celica inserts shortened ~35 mm to hold them captive. In the rear the main leaf has been reset far enough to reverse the eyes and then I've got 50 mm blocks as well.

Great success! 8-)
Had to cut/bash the floor in several sections to clear the diff/driveshaft...give me independant rear any day of the week compared to this hassle! Going to get the area tidied up now that it can move without scraping noises. Gave it a test and it seems that it'll bottom out on the bumpstops prior to any metal to metal contact so hopefully that is all good as far as the certifier is concerned.
I need to get some heavy shocks for the rear. The standard ones are totally poked.

Cleared a very small speedbump with no hassle. Huzzah!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

for once no one can say "more low", as its perfect height IMO

looks like a different car.

congrats on your hard work / success
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

It'll be a new car with the lowness and new shocks!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
slo_dat

Post by slo_dat »

What a sweet car , love the 610 wagon great wheels and stance :) 85mm Little lower than they like but when they see it how can they not pass it ? Have heard early Toyota Surf Fr Shocks are good on the rear but cant confirm sorry ..
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Dude!!!! This is so epic!!
Its amazing how much a car can transform when its brought a little lower to the ground! Even more so when its brought alot lower to the ground! Akaroa??
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

damn, that goon looks nice. what size wheels and tyres you running?
Mikewazowski
Financial Member

Post by Mikewazowski »

Cheers for all the comments! :D
Glad everyone seems to like it as much as I do 8-)

I'm amazed at how different it looks in the flesh as well.
slo_dat wrote:What a sweet car , love the 610 wagon great wheels and stance :) 85mm Little lower than they like but when they see it how can they not pass it ? Have heard early Toyota Surf Fr Shocks are good on the rear but cant confirm sorry ..
I'm hoping that the certifier will pass it since it still has travel and bottoms out on bumps before anything else. Fingers crossed they are reasonable about it.
I will investigate the Surf shocks, thanks for the heads up!
Dattochriswagon wrote:Akaroa??
Sadly, no I won't be able to bring any cars to Akaroa. I'm flying down this year since I've got work right up until Friday afternoon that I can't miss. Definitely will bring it down sometime though!
dirtyleppa wrote:damn, that goon looks nice. what size wheels and tyres you running?
The wheels are 14x6.5 and 14x7. The tyres are 185/55/14.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Mikewazowski wrote:I'm hoping that the certifier will pass it since it still has travel and bottoms out on bumps before anything else. Fingers crossed they are reasonable about it.
I will investigate the Surf shocks, thanks for the heads up!
Bad luck. After the coroners finding today I don't think anyone will be getting any favours for quite a while!
Datsuns from A to Zed
Mikewazowski
Financial Member

Post by Mikewazowski »

classicdat wrote:Bad luck. After the coroners finding today I don't think anyone will be getting any favours for quite a while!
Hmm yeah I just read about that. Quite unfortunate. If anything is unsafe on the wagon I'm more than happy for them to pick it up. Hopefully that attitude means I shouldn't have any problems with a cert.