datsun 1200 sedan [Rocket rice]

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Re: datsun 1200 sedan [Rocket rice]

Post by darrenwilson »

braasmonkey wrote:
darrenwilson wrote::thumbsup: You doin a full Respray?
At some stage, yes. Just going through and removing/treating/repairing rust and rust affected panels at the moment. Once new engine, side draughts, gearbox and rust maintenance are complete, have gotten everything run in and there is nothing else to repair, replace or work on, will then strip everything down for re-spray :)
Keep it up man its comin along nice,and good rust repairs too :highfive: :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

That is looking mint Daz, those stripes break it up nicely too.

look forward to seeing photos of one it is finished being assembled
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

darrenwilson wrote:
braasmonkey wrote:
darrenwilson wrote::thumbsup: You doin a full Respray?
At some stage, yes. Just going through and removing/treating/repairing rust and rust affected panels at the moment. Once new engine, side draughts, gearbox and rust maintenance are complete, have gotten everything run in and there is nothing else to repair, replace or work on, will then strip everything down for re-spray :)
Keep it up man its comin along nice,and good rust repairs too :highfive: :)
Haha, cheers dude. Your 1200 is looking awesome! Like Kitch, can't wait to see the finished product. You sticking with your current rims or moving to something bigger? :)
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Yeh im liking the pinstripe too! Its does wonders for breaking up the side of the 1200's
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Dattochriswagon wrote:Yeh im liking the pinstripe too! Its does wonders for breaking up the side of the 1200's
Agreed. By the way, is your grille new, refurbished, or bloody well looked after? Looks mint!
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Darren, I also double checked the other day when you asked me what other gearboxes would suit the 1200 (if you couldn't get your hands on a 5 speed for yours - sorry I couldn't remember more at the time). It WAS a Celica box, but more specifically a Toyota T50 transmission and can actually be found in Corollas too. The following is a copy paste:

TAxx series Celicas. Good for up to 200 hp or so
TExx Corollas/T-18
AE86/Sprinter Corollas

More details can be found here: http://datsun1200.com/modules/mediawiki ... 50_5-speed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Doesn't just bolt in (has a different bolt pattern for the bell-housing - unsure if an adapter kit is easily available where you are though), but could be a viable alternative. Trolling forums finally comes in handy :P
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Haha, cheers dude. Your 1200 is looking awesome! Like Kitch, can't wait to see the finished product. You sticking with your current rims or moving to something bigger? :)[/quote]
:agree: Im going 7'' rota performance wheels. :mrgreen:
braasmonkey wrote:
Dattochriswagon wrote:Yeh im liking the pinstripe too! Its does wonders for breaking up the side of the 1200's
Agreed. By the way, is your grille new, refurbished, or bloody well looked after? Looks mint!
Thanks bud,my grille was Polished,And painted.Ill also try sorting out that gear box.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Long Live Datsun 1200

Check out my thered>> http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

:) H i all just an update on how far iv'e reach on my project.Got the fron assembled,marker lights on signs.As i was about to leave the shop no gear was selecting :? .I then taught that the pressure plate stuck too the fly wheel,because it had been parked up for a while. :|
Long Live Datsun 1200

darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Then we try a trick,Jack up the back off the ground,rev it the about,15mph mash the clutch and brakes at the same time,its sopposed to unstick.

Unfortunately that did not work. :evil:
As you could see where we tried the trick.
Pic0808012.jpg
Flywheel,some time along the line i will have it lighten.
Pic0808016.jpg
Box out did not take long to come out.
Pic0808015.jpg
Pic0808013.jpg
Long Live Datsun 1200

darrenwilson
Datsun Driver

Post by darrenwilson »

Got the rubber for my wheels.
205/60/13.There 7'' don't know the offsetin the back it says 7x13 E14,i wpuld like to kno the offset? :| Pics follow...
Pic0819008.jpg
Nice straight beads
Long Live Datsun 1200