Marks 1973 KHLGC110 Coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Marks 1973 KHLGC110 Coupe

Post by Bartman »

Do you know what size the splines are on the outer stub axles? The best bet is to roll with full CV half shafts. There are two kinds of R30 style outer flanges. One has the same size splines as 910/HR30. The other is S12/ (alegedly) DR30. If you convert to CV axles, you'le be able to run the cheap and cheerful r200 Vlsd.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

My outer flanges are 4x1 to suit universals and not cv. There is no center bolt on the stubs on the diff so I presume they are the circlipped in. I was thinking to see if the r180 buttons were usable in the r200 and put my r180 half shafts on but I would need to make sure that they don't bottom out from what I have been reading as supposidly the r200 is wider but I have not measured it. There is the usual bolt on the input flange so I'm just going to need to try it and see if the r180 one fits I guess.

The r200 is welded into a locker. I mainly got it as it is a 4.3 ratio which sounds good for the track. I was thinking of getting a quaife LSD if I cannot find a clutch LSD. I wasn't that keen to go to cv's as I was going to swap between the r180 for road use and r200 for the track until I find a suitable LSD.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

If the are 4 bolt on the wheel end then 280ZX axles should work, they should be pretty similar in length. I've got some here if you want me to measure them?

There's normally plenty of S13/S14/R32 aftermarket clutch LSDs on Trademe, all you need is the center. They usually go for around $500 depending on what brand it is.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

that would be great if you could measure the length would be a good comparison for me. The compressed length would be of most interest.

Except for how the axles are held in are all r200 LSD nuggets the same? Or is there some variance I should look for when buying.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

It's a little bit hard to measure but one side looks like 390mm, the other side looks like 400mm.

Pretty much all of the them are circliped in, S15, R34 are helical diffs and have different size axles, as do GTR diffs. I'm using an Kaaz S13 centre in my longnose R200 housing, all I had to do was get some spacers made up as the ring gear bolts were 13mm in the S13 diff and 10mm in the longnose. If you have a R31 diff it might have 12mm bolts already which would be good as I think the 13mm ones are odd and most newer shortnoses are 12mm.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

cheers for those lengths. there is a few guys selling 280zx bits on trademe so looks like i have found some one to sell me some 4x1 half shafts which will solve my current problem. then all i need to do is mod a moustache bar and put it in i hope.
R30 Guru
Regular
aka: Jordy

Post by R30 Guru »

Hi folks, Mark I Have a set of universals that would fit on that diff you've got, In fact I have the complete R200 diff and shafts to match from a 280zx if that's of any use to you :?:
Projects Under Development
83 HR30 GT L31ETT
82 HR30 GT VH45DET
67 A30 GLORIA 4DR SEDAN-Resto

http://www.jurassicautomotive.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/JurassicAutomotive
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

thanks man i have the half shafts i need, im just trying to find a LSD unit that will suit my current setup now.

i wont say no to spare half shafts though. as im running a locker at the moment im not particularly sure how long they are going to last but im only putting L24 horse power through them at current so prob not to bad.
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

getting this thing ready to go to taupo dual sprints this weekend.

got all my fancy red ignition stuff on cheers to Craig. made a very noticeable difference from the get go which is nice.

then i got R200 diff all mounted like so

and everything was going so well to have it back together on the ground then this happened

stub axle fell out of the diff when i pulled the slip joint out to bolt it on to hub. shit. ensure several hours of cursing while i got the spring clip out of the diff to reshape and put back in so the stub stays in. so car is currently still in the air which was not the plan. but should have this sorted tomorrow.

needed a better seat for schedule A so stile one of dads fia rated seats

and when you need both rails to lock to meat schedule A but your car is old so it only has single locking rails. just pinch a matching one from your spare set of seats and heat and bend the end the opposite way. viola dual locking rails :D

i am just waiting to hear back about the brake master cylinder as the current news is they need to match selas to it as the kits for it are unavailable unfortunately so hopefully i know by Tuesday so i can still enter dual sprints in time as this is the biggest thing looming to do.
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

also R200 gurus, cir-clipped in stub axles on R200's the clip sits in the diff correct? and not on the stub its self like most later model setups? just want to confirm and i cant find much on the stubs them selves in the R200 workshop manuals i have found.