1200 coupe Road Legal Drag Car

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: 1200 coupe Road Legal Drag Car

Post by Bartman »

I'm loving your build mate!
Can you please post up some pics of how you made the S13 adapters work with the gtst four pots?
If we hadn't had that fking earthquake I was going to buy that one peice front clip. Although your car probably deserves it more than mine.
On the subject of tubbing, if you plan to lower your car, you might find that untubbed you'll be limited with what drag tyres you can run. I bought a pair of 28" nitto drag slicks, (non DOT, so would need a cage to run them) only to find that the wheel arch from the center of the axle to the front edge of the wheel arch was too small to accomodate them. for the numbers you're aiming to run, I really think you'll be selling yourself short not to fully tub the rear end of the car, and go four link with coil overs too. after all, with that cage you'll never have a rear seat, so it's not like the big tubs would interfere with back seat passengers.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Deano5
Regular

Post by Deano5 »

Bartman wrote:I'm loving your build mate!
Can you please post up some pics of how you made the S13 adapters work with the gtst four pots?
If we hadn't had that fking earthquake I was going to buy that one peice front clip. Although your car probably deserves it more than mine.
On the subject of tubbing, if you plan to lower your car, you might find that untubbed you'll be limited with what drag tyres you can run. I bought a pair of 28" nitto drag slicks, (non DOT, so would need a cage to run them) only to find that the wheel arch from the center of the axle to the front edge of the wheel arch was too small to accomodate them. for the numbers you're aiming to run, I really think you'll be selling yourself short not to fully tub the rear end of the car, and go four link with coil overs too. after all, with that cage you'll never have a rear seat, so it's not like the big tubs would interfere with back seat passengers.
Ill take some pics of them at some stage, they're stashed away somewhere, the shed looks like a hurricanes gone thru it. The slicks i have are 26x8x15 so hopefully that should clear guards etc i know im going to have to flare them a little but would anyway to match the front. I was planning on setting the leafs with maximum clearance for the slicks then using a lowering block for the street and just removing them prior to racing. The way the cage has been done means that if i tub it i would have to re-do the rear part of the cage to make the tubs taller, which im not willing to do at this stage obviously if it just doesnt want to grip on that smaller tyre then ill have to look at tubbing, i know dean hargraves from rotamax went fairly quick in his rx3 before going to a bigger tyre as did both of the abbott brothers in theyre rx2 and rx3. I think the plan is just get it going, learn to drive it and wind it up slowly and what will be will be.
YOU CANNOT KILL WHAT YOU DID NOT CREATE
a.wookie.j
aka: vegus boyee

Post by a.wookie.j »

still recon you should send it down bra so it will give me someting to do while i wait for a new workshop!!!! mind you we will be up that way for a little bit so maybe something will happen!!!!! you just never know lol. :dance:
Deano5
Regular

Post by Deano5 »

a.wookie.j wrote:still recon you should send it down bra so it will give me someting to do while i wait for a new workshop!!!! mind you we will be up that way for a little bit so maybe something will happen!!!!! you just never know lol. :dance:
Hahahahaha, yea bro maybe you could start on it while your up and take it down with you, then ill fly down and grab it once your done. :burnout: :thumbsup:
Deano5
Regular

Post by Deano5 »

Heres why im selling the brake setup...........
DSC00048.JPG
Now i should be able to run 15s :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deano5
Regular

Post by Deano5 »

I also have been looking for a wastegate big enough to control the boost from the turbo for a while and recently laid my hands on this........................
DSC00040.JPG
Its a genuine tial 60mm Wastegate

Ive decided to name it the "man gate". Now ive just got to find the room to put it and run a 60mm screamer pipe :mrgreen:
DSC00041.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deano5
Regular

Post by Deano5 »

A mate of mine owns a series 7 Rx7 RZ. When his engine got a bit sad he decided to flag the rotary and go down the 2jz route, so with a couple of beers and a bit of negotiation i laid my hands on his engine complete, minus turbos. He had had all of the intake and waterpump housing powdercoated black so i got that too! ;) As i was going to have to port and rebuilt a motor anyway this seemed like a good place to start, as i had a fairly good idea of what i was buying and have heard and seen it running. So now I have one of these...........................
DSC00058.JPG
DSC00057.JPG
DSC00059.JPG
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Rotors being what they are, you'd be stoked to have a known quantity to start with. Especially if you mate pulled it out before it popped.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
a.wookie.j
aka: vegus boyee

Post by a.wookie.j »

gee bit slack with the updates me bra!!!!! lol :baseballbat:
Deano5
Regular

Post by Deano5 »

yea this is true. will take some pix this arvo havnt made much progress but a little has been done