Post by tlssunny »

very nice 1200, keep up the good work
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
Garth
Financial Member

Re: Garth's SR20 B110

Post by Garth »

Cheers team! definitely should be at akaroa, no excuse not to have it finished by then. going to be a lot of nice cars there this year by the looks of things.

things didnt go well on it today so im finished for the day with some rum and will try again tomorrow.

list to go is:
- coil overs sorted for front (kit already here for this)
- put in front brakes, need to get hubs machined down and such
- hood lining in (currently with Lewis to make up a new one)
- front and back window back in (waiting for hood lining before they go back in)

Cert/do skids.
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

so today i fixed up my exhaust leak that i had...thanks to scott at nissan for sorting me with the gasket.

still having AFM issues but jason from osaka is going to sort me out with a new one tomorrow. definitely sounds better now though with the noises now coming from the exhaust rather then out the manifold.

still the same list to go but motivation now running high!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

sorting through the last small things trying to get it all sorted. need some wiring advice, before i start pulling it all a part to try work it out thought i would post up and see if anyone has any clever ideas on where to start...

park lights don't work.. when i pull headlight switch out to first mark which should just turn on park lights? the main headlight lamps come on. (however wont high and low beam, which i know sort of makes sense seeing these lights shouldnt even be coming on)

when pull switch out fully the head lights work as they should, e.g low and high beam work. unsure if the park lights are meant to be on when switch fully out?

any ideas?

Cheers
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Garth 1200s have low beam/park on the first stage and low / High beam on stage 2 of the main switch, does that shine any light on your situation?? :P
i.e. when on stage one the dip switch should switch between Park lights only and low beam also.
Do you have dash and tail lights going? They are on the same fuse as the park lights.
Datsuns from A to Zed
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Do you have a wiring diagram to refer to at all?
Datsuns from A to Zed
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

classicdat wrote:Garth 1200s have low beam/park on the first stage and low / High beam on stage 2 of the main switch, does that shine any light on your situation?? :P
i.e. when on stage one the dip switch should switch between Park lights only and low beam also.
Do you have dash and tail lights going? They are on the same fuse as the park lights.
yes very helpful indeed :lol: ! so when on stage one the dip switch will either have my low beam on Or park lights on?

do park lights come on on stage 2?

dash and tail lights are all working fine...

yes i do have a 1200 manual about which will have a diagram in
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Same as 120ys, ie low beam + parks on first pull (and dip switch kills low beam)
classicdat
Committee Members

Post by classicdat »

Park lights will be on when ever main switch is on, I think this will be demonstrated by Dash lights.
Test bulbs and power to Parkers when dash lights are on.
Do front indicators work?
Datsuns from A to Zed
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

ok will need to double check dash lights are coming on. checked for power and ive got nothing so might have to track back through the wiring.

yeah front indicators work fine.