Garth's SR20 B110

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Garth
Financial Member

Re: Garth's SR20 B110

Post by Garth »

http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3906" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Been trying to put a coupe dash in the sedan with not much success. Read the above thread and I had pretty much close to nothing working. So I wired it the way it was wired in the sedan that it came in and it now has everything working except indicators and beam light for head lights. Any ideas on which ones I need to switch around?
buzzy
Datsun Driver

Post by buzzy »

Hey man, cars looking good! Nice wheels

I'll try and get a pic of the plug on mine as everything is working now. What I ended up doing was looking at what contact on the back of the dash went to what pin then used the wiring diagram to put the correct wire to it....bit of mucking around but got there in the end
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

Thanks man and cheers that would be mint. Was hoping it would just work but Ofcourse these things never do haha. And I broke one of the glass covers putting it in :cry:
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

blair down here in timaru has a spare glass lense.
i know as I grabbed one off him when I broke one a few months ago and he had 2 spare ;)
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

Cheers Kitch i might have to hit him up.

Anyone able to shorten my inserts or know of a good place to have it done?

Put my new RCA's in last night in hope that it would help with some lower sway bar clearance but all i ended up with was some hideous positive camber. so i had to rip my springs out and remove some of them (was wanting to go lower in the front anyway).

but now im a bit off captive so need to shorten the inserts. or if anyone has a cheap coilover option I could also be keen.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

what struts/inserts you running?

if oil filled stockies, just pull them apart and fit some 3/4" rubber hose in them to shorten :mrgreen:

Brock or Brendon or a number of other guys up there will talk you through the process
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Do NOT do that! Use steel pipe, if you use hose it will get all soft and expand against the inside of the strut tube to the point where your shocks will be non functioning....
Garth
Financial Member

Post by Garth »

Kitch wrote:what struts/inserts you running?

if oil filled stockies, just pull them apart and fit some 3/4" rubber hose in them to shorten :mrgreen:

Brock or Brendon or a number of other guys up there will talk you through the process
Im running what ever those ones are I brought off you about 2 years ago kitch haha

still in the process of sorting the uncaptive springs part but in the mean time does anyone have any awesome 13inch rims they are trying to sell...tried my flat mates 13x7.5 starsharks on it and it made it look amazing so im going to go down the path of further brake issues and possibly run 13s...see pic attached.

also having some fuel issues still but in the process of trying to sort that
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
buzzy
Datsun Driver

Post by buzzy »

man that looks good on those wheels!
z181200
Datsun Mad

Post by z181200 »

Fuck yeah 13s look so much better!