The 69er 510

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
chris_g1
Committee Members

Re: The 69er 510

Post by chris_g1 »

That's exactly right Kitch.
How's your money pit coming along?

The end is closer than the start at least.
Exhaust to fabricate, get injectors, wire up computer, program computer, get speedo drive working, wheel alignment, miscellaneous odd jobs, not a lot really!
Cert...drive.
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

You guys are a lot closer than me....
Once I get final paint I will feel like I can see light at end of tunnel myself.
but yeah I am getting closer too. reupholstering front seats at present. ECU is in transit, and hope to be in paint shop in a month or so.... all going well, I will battle you for honours at Akaroa :) but that could be the 7 (or was it 8?) pints of guiness talking... :mrgreen: :beer:
pl510
Datsun Driver
aka: Shannon

Post by pl510 »

I just got the gear off the SR box and bodged it onto the shaft of an L series mechanical speedo drive Chris

Still going a good few years down the track :)
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

pl510 wrote:I just got the gear off the SR box and bodged it onto the shaft of an L series mechanical speedo drive Chris

Still going a good few years down the track :)
or:
http://www.alburyspeedo.com.au/Speed_Sensors.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hall effect sensors ready to mate up to most boxes.
My orangatang 510 here.
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Thanks Shannon and ginge, problem is it's a 6speed late S15box and doesn't have a mechanical drive at all, just a bump in the moulding where it used to go. Have found a crowd in Tauranga ( I think) that does an electronic to mechanical speedo drive. $669.00. That will save a lot of pissing around. The unit is fully adjustable to take in different diff ratios , according to the blurb I read.
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Had to move the orange outside today to get the blue car in to fix exhaust for WOF and guess what? But at least some dust washed off and all rubbers and seals waterproof.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Bah! This car puts mine to shame :(
My orangatang 510 here.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

This car puts a lot of cars to shame........
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

So finally started to get back into the car this week got a lot done back on track again .
I decided to re fit the engine by bringing it up from underneath it worked out great and not paint was lost either a bit more planning and time but well worth it .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chris_g1
Committee Members

Post by chris_g1 »

Just a few more progress pictures guys, had a good week got lots done and hoping to start the old girl up next week and send it in to get the exhaust done also. Fun times not far away now!!!