Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Datto_610's 180B - Cert Prepping!

Post by Datto_610 »

Well I don't exactly have a "workshop" in my shoe box of a garage but I make do..... will update these spacers when I hear back from Ian if it's enough of a gap.

So jacked the rear up tonight so I could put spring washers on the caliper mount bolts but to my (not so) surprise they already had them! (I bloody knew they were there) Well on the drivers side anyway as haven't done passengers yet. But seeing as they are smaller than the bolt head they weren't visible... so put new ones anyway that are shiny so that shouldn't be a problem now.

While I was underneath the rear I could see that the outer CV is hitting part of the body which is why the clamp keeps braking and that's also split the CV boot fuuuuuuu. So folded up the steel and gave it a bash with a hammer which will hopefully be enough clearence above the axle. The passenger side seems fine though so will leave that alone. I tried jacking up the rear control arm as much as possible to test clearence but after a certain point the whole car was getting jacked up as well so will just have to see how it goes for now. Photo is pre-folding/bashing

Edit: didn't realise pic was blurry til now will try get a clearer one tomorrow.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Cert Prepping!

Post by torqued »

Thanks for the picture.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Anytime :D
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I would quite like to see where it was rubbing too.

Did you get the Xmember done?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Will get a pic when I get home today. Haven't heard of this issue on 510s so maybe only a 180b problem? Not yet Bart haven't heard back from him.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Datto_610's 180B - Cert Prepping!

Post by Datto_610 »

It was dark when I got home last night so waited til today to get a decent photo.

ImageImage

Unbolted the drivers side axle so I could change the outer CV boot. Because I'm such a hoarder I removed a boot off another set of axles I have in the garage.

This is what the cv shaft looks like all taken apart.
All assembled!

Replaced the last two caliper mount bolt washers so that's another job ticked off the list!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Good work Greg.
It's going to be swell when this thing has cert.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Alright so got the gear box crossmember powder coated by a mate of Barts a few weeks back. Got around to fitting it today. Last weekend James tack welded the adjustable sleeves to the perch they sit on. Reassembled struts today and bolted them back in, I just need to work out the height........ Made the swar bar spacer plates a bit prettier and fitted those today as well. When I was bolting the sway bar mounts in I noticed that the sway bar was still pretty close to the sump... :x but then realised that the suspension was at full droop causing the sway bar link's to pull the bar itself up closer to the sump. When I test fitted the plates I had the front wheels on ramps so of course having the control arms at ride height meant the sway bar link's pulled the bar down to about 20mm clearence. I'll have to describe this to Ian when I phone him this week and hope that it's sufficient! Also solved the securing of the front brake hoses issue,after a lot of googling and head scratching I finally came up with the idea to use a t-bolt clamp around the threaded sleeve and place a P clamp on the end of the thread of the bolt and fasten with a nyloc nut! Came out pretty good I reckon! After front height is set up again I'll phone Ian to book recheck :mrgreen:

ImageImage
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

What's left to.do now greg?
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Put wheels on figure out ride height (may just take it back to chamberlains) ,skids