Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by Datto_610 »

Some of you already know how close I got to getting this somewhat ready for Akaroa 2015, but not having the same amount of motivation I had in the week before Akaroa as I've had in the past years I've had the 180B put to rest that idea. All was set to go had the dash and most of the interior fitted and even got the electric thermo fan to activate off a thermo switch. Exhaust was all hooked up and sounded amazing hearing it for first time. But the one thing that let me down was the brakes, on the initial test drive there wasn't any..... I mean by wasn't any they were just absolutely terrible and only just stopped the car from runs up and down the street. The first test was pretty sweet though! Boost feels amazing! I definitely need to roll the rear guards! Get pretty bad guard rub once boost is hit! A mate and I bled the brakes a few times after the first run but to no avail but during the test runs we discovered that the rear brakes locked up first not ideal. It was getting late so I retired to the fact that I wasn't going to get it all done for Akaroa and took the Laurel instead... I've taken a small break from it but now ready to get back in there and get err done! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage Also have a slight issue with my datsport handbrake cables(which are amazing by the way) rub on my exhauast I'm hoping Nick can modify it a bit to clear it Image Went to undo the steering box filler bung and because it is made of plastic and it's old it broke with very little force :( luckily we sell brass bungs at work :D Image
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by 2 doors »

Ohh so close, but looks like you might be cruising for summer, wise desicion not to take on akaroa trip with dodgy brakes.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Sexy stuff Greg well done,
So happy this is almost ready. Will be a sweet ride to see kicking around the Christchurch streets.
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Nice job Greg, all that hard work is about to pay off big time!
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

I forgot how sweet the interior was for this car, love it so much.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Datto_610
Datsun God

Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by Datto_610 »

Well got back into yet yesterday and removed the master cylinder that was in there and replaced it with the other one all I have to do now is give it a good bleed and should be all good! One thing that could've also not helped the no brakes thing was the valve that goes between the booster and inlet manifold was around the wrong way.... so no vacuum going into booster..... :oops: also figured out why it won't idle when cold, I sprayed contact cleaner into the coldstart injector and iacv just to eliminate that so started it up the blow off valve was removed at this stage. It was idling fine so thought sweet that must've helped went to plumb bov back in and then the engine stalled... so looks like I'm going to have to change my plumb back piping at the turbo end as I've got a 1" pipe going to a tee which goes down to like 1/2" i think for the cam cover breather to the turbo intake so must be restricting it. Anyway heres some pics of the M/C's

Old

New
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Keep up the good work mate, won't be long now before its going.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Thanks Wal!
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Re:

Post by 85_Z31 »

Datto_610 wrote:Thanks Wal!

Good find on the master cylinders being inverted. the old front to rear and rear to front can be a bit scary. Thats a bit of a bugger about the blow off valve fitting.

Its probably worth getting something made up so that if you ever go a bigger turbo /BOV it will still suit.
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I love that BOV.
Just vent it to atmosphere, and be that guy..............
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............