Datto_610's 180B - Street Legal!

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Haha definitely not retiring the zututu valve. After a bit of researching I'm pretty sure my booster is naffed :( I had taken it apart years ago to clean it up and paint it. So I may have done something bad when reassembling it which is causing all my problems.... I might whip it out this arvo and see how much CBC resleevers want to reco it otherwise I'll be on the hunt for another one. Bloody brakes!!!
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: Datto_610's 180B - Wheels spinning!

Post by Bartman »

if you suck on the hose going to it, and stick your tongue over the end of the hose with some suck on it, it should hold it on there. If not, then your booster is defo poked.

I remember thinkning when you used that jig to pull it apart that they're not meant to be taken apart by monkeys like you and I.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah pretty sure it's not holding vacuum. Whipped it out last night will see what CBC say
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

I called CBC this morning but the lady seemed pretty rude on the phone and couldn't get rid of me fast enough plus I've heard they are pretty expensive so called safe r brakes who we deal with all the time through work a lot nicer and easier to deal with. Got it dropped off to them earlier and they will test it first and let me know what's going on with it!
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

that woman at cbc if its the same one is a ogre
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

She certainly sounded like one on the phone!! Safe R Brakes called me later this afternoon saying that the booster definitely has a leak so they are going to take it apart tomorrow and hopefully fix it. Which will mean I'll hopefully have working brakes!!
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

Bartman wrote:if you suck on the hose going to it, and stick your tongue over the end of the hose with some suck on it
Wasn't sure I was on the right forum there for a minute Bart
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Hahahaha certainly sounds dodgy!! Still waiting to hear back about booster might call them tomorrow
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

I got the brake booster back from Safe R Brakes a while ago now and couldn't complain too much with the price! It sat in the garage til today when I finally did some work on the car..... I had been doing other productive things just not datsun related.... so booster is in now they even painted but because the paint was already a bit average it looks a tad crappy painting over chipped paint etc but oh well. Also got the steering shaft collar installed so now my steering wheel is actually located properly and tidied up a few bits and tightened up a few bolts here and there under the dash and I was stoked. Went to start up to test out the hopefully fixed braking system but flat batt womp woh. So while that was charging I made a start tidying up my window wipers one of them I half polished years ago when I was still at the platers, the other one I'm not sure where it came from as it had been painted black. Stripped all that off and gave it a lick up with some autosol. Sat them very carefully on the car as I don't have any wiper blade refills yet will get some twin metal rail ones when I'm back at work. Thinking the battery had enough charge to crank over the motor I gave it a go but no power at all weird.... checked batt with multi meter voltage was sweet, checked terminals on batt but everything was mint. Had a closer look in the engine bay and saw the power feed to the starter solenoid wasn't attached...... now I'm really confused as I started this up not all that long ago and definitely don't remember undoing the earth feed from the starter.... anyway got the car started and went to reverse out the driveway but the car didn't move at all weird.... hand brake definitely off nothing blocking wheels. Tried to push it along the driveway but wouldn't budge! So now I can only assume what has happened is that I have the opposite problem to my intial one. My brakes work too good rather than not good enough. Pedal has a really solid feel to it which is good though!! I'm hoping it's am easy fix where I can adjust it at the pedal end and not unbolt the m/c again and adjust the small push rodImageImageImageImage
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

It's probably the adjustment where the booster goes into the back of the MC. They probably fucked with it during the rebuild.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............