Luke's 1200 Coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
luke
Datsun Addict

Re: Luke's 1200 Coupe

Post by luke »

blitzballa wrote:This thing is pure sex! Nice work man.
thanks for the positive comments! im really not happy with the temp things iv done but can revisit later down the track
1972 1200 coupe KB110
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

So..... got coupe back early.
Fitment of rubbers was very good, they have done an exceptional job and im so stoked i didnt cheap out on this, only $80 more than anticipated and they filled the stupid fuckoff splits in the newly fitted windscreen and rearscreen seals...... on that note i am ringing the bank tomorrow morning for a small loan as based on my budget and this stupid timeframe issue i will never afford the fuel to get me to waimate let alone a wof and rego.
WOF booked in for saturday morning......if i can get it to go.
And safe r brakes had an opening tomorrow morning.......
I just need different thread pitch bolts in 8.8 grade to mount brakes to struts then i can take it in to get new custom hose made.
Brendan figured out my brake disk issue, it was my shitty tape measure with too much play. He kindly sold me a set of skimmed disks i needed. so now i have everything needed for tomorrow morning except bolts. also hats off to brendan, hes been helping me heaps lately.
First night outside in 5 years tonight......and watertight!! (for a datsun)......on a quiet night you can almost hear them rusting.....anyway with three vehicles blocking the coupe from leaving......... its easier than 30min of stropping it onto the trailer @ 100mm per ratchet completion like today, fucking broken foot.

taken one wheel off to fit brakes, but hindered by bolt issue. pictures for proof.
20161017_182416.jpg
20161017_182353.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1972 1200 coupe KB110
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Steam rolling ahead there luke!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

Are you calling me fat?
Your correct. 5 weeks of nothing makes a man rather portly.
Coupe progress is good though...... hopefully it's enough to get it to waimate
1972 1200 coupe KB110
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

Great work, fatty!
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

broke wrote:Great work, fatty!
Imma need stiffer springs soon.

Went into blacks first thing and got correct thread pitch bolts to mount brakes to adapter mounts, oddly i had to grind down only the one calliper to mount to bracket, other one was fine.
Still have to give them another once over on the facing side as atm i need to run a 3mm slip on spacer.
20161018_090059.jpg
20161018_090055.jpg
And this morning after doing that i dropped the coupe into brake shop where they have to make new hardlines on rear diff due to a wof standard thing relating to flexihose lengths. and attach front brake hoses etc which i supplied everything for them.
Picture of it sitting in workshop. due to pick up tomorrow.
20161018_101052.jpg
Unfortunately due to being on acc wages it does not qualify as an income according to the bank. looking at other options today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1972 1200 coupe KB110
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

The coupe was picked up this morning and put in the garage. Functioning brakes.
Unfortunately ACC couldnt get hold of my boss for further income details (despite same pay every week)...and hes away whitebaiting.... and cut me another $200 per week. A 40% pay cut doesnt fund a project car sorry lads.

So as gutted as i am, i cannot finance this project any faster. And i still owe money for work done last week on this.

I cannot make waimate, but anyone who fancies looking at an unfinished project car is more than welcome to view it/give me the motorvation that has gone.

Il take a day or two, then look at doing something to it again.

*if anyone wants to drive the ute down it is available. its embarrasingly rough. but very reliable. A12 5speed. 3100rpm at gps 100km/ph. 550km per tank open road driving. $68 to fill.
1972 1200 coupe KB110
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Beggar.
Come down for Sunday anyway.
Greg has a seat in the B.
It will be worth it to be part of the day and enjoy the other Datsuns
Datsuns from A to Zed
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

classicdat wrote:Beggar.
Come down for Sunday anyway.
Greg has a seat in the B.
It will be worth it to be part of the day and enjoy the other Datsuns
nope! well, beggar part isnt far shy.

motogp racing in phillip island starts at 2pm, so id be leaving around 11.30am anyway!
1972 1200 coupe KB110
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Reading your posts has certainly inspired me to keep working on my coupe, despite being pretty much untouched for 6 months. Summer is coming, getting warm enough to do some more spraying, think i need a new compressor setup.....