Luke's 1200 Coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
luke
Datsun Addict

Re: Luke's GA16DE Coupe

Post by luke »

lets calm down.......
i still have the engine and wiring to do,
AFTER putting all my expensive trim on the body. thats gonna suck.
plus buying new bumpers. and a driveshaft hoop made and installed........... the list goes on. il probably be held up based on finances if anything.

the list is getting shorter though.
i reread my thread today, lot of work in this shed ornament.
1972 1200 coupe KB110
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

i could have easily bought a couple houses by now............. :deadhorse:
BUT................

engine bay and shell resprayed nissan 700 metallic silver. (kpgc10 gtr factory colour)
a lot of not moving under its own power resulted in some serious bodywork abuse, no brakes etc dealt to a front guard, a brilliantly strong steel stapled box hit the roof, drunk in the garage and dropped a jack, the list goes on.

wal has re-panelled and painted the whole car and matched the engine bay to the correct colour. (same as rest of coupe). whoever let bogan luke have a black engine bay deserves a backhand.

flatmates have bailed/stopped paying their rent so il be stuck round home not affording to go places covering all the mortgage over the summer break......... what a good excuse to smash out some reassembly!!!!! having said that i can only reassemble with what parts i have lying around that are refurbished etc.

picking that exterior will "look finished and mint" after a week or so, found more trim needs doing so thatl be another big bill courtesy of mr wildermoth. (he is really good though)

thanks to bert i have an almost mint coupe fashia panel after 6-8 months of searching worldwide, almost the last bit i needed for the interior!!!!
bought some more badges ex malaysia recently, and looking into a pinstriper from the coast to re-create the gx stripe in a thinner version to suit what i want.
the trigger wheel setup is my biggest obstacle atm, and am still unsure on how to approach it.
cam angle sensor is best option by far but may hit the firewall and im not overly keen to touch the body in such a way i couldnt revert back to original with paint and suspension swaps. (exception is the drilling of castor rod and strut top mounting holes to suit the upgrades)

Forgot when i was drunk out at mcleans island swapmeet i bought a spare set of silvertop quad throttle bodies for sweet fuck all, yet to pick up.
One of my "free" ones (never trust kitch, its a cruel financial hindrance that delays progress) is on the verge of pitting, definitely will still work fine but im fussy now.

I will promise to upload pictures when i get my coupe home!!!!!!!.........wal has sent me a few teasers so far but you lot can wait. :useless:

I have all the goodies to bolt in for the front.
camber plates, coilovers (that can go much lower than the last slammed pic of my coupe, crack tested and all etc), maddat adjustable castor rods, big boy brakes, the fun stuff etc.

WATCH THIS SPACE................................

(FYI im home all break so feel free to stop by for a drink and throw some abuse my way for not finishing this years ago)
1972 1200 coupe KB110
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

luke wrote: (FYI im home all break so feel free to stop by for a drink and throw some abuse my way for not finishing this years ago)

Challage accepted! :Jelly:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

Bartman wrote:
luke wrote: (FYI im home all break so feel free to stop by for a drink and throw some abuse my way for not finishing this years ago)

Challage accepted! :Jelly:
i recall finishing work and seeing you inside my house at the bar drinking mckenna as i pulled up..........
1972 1200 coupe KB110
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Was that before or after I fixed something? :tits:
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
broke
Datsun Addict
aka: John

Post by broke »

luke wrote:
thanks to bert i have an almost mint coupe fashia panel after 6-8 months of searching worldwide, almost the last bit i needed for the interior!!!!
bought some more badges ex malaysia recently, and looking into a pinstriper from the coast to re-create the gx stripe in a thinner version to suit what i want.
the trigger wheel setup is my biggest obstacle atm, and am still unsure on how to approach it.
cam angle sensor is best option
What management are you running? If going full sequential you'll need cam and crank angle sensors, if you're doing batch-fire + waste spark you'll get away with just crank.

I was thinking about copying this guy's setup for crank angle on my 1600.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/90889-w ... n-no-edis/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

wow.
long time no update.
bought a house so am attaching as much as i can to the coupe before the big shift.

need bumper brackets bad as my coupe never had them. someone help?!!!

coupe is back from wals and looking oh so lovely now that bogan look engine bay is gone.

polished up badges and front bumper this evening and smashed out a bit of attaching stuff.
bought new stainless trim out of aussie for the front and its a good quality product all round. also some new cowl vents.

first two coats on the coilovers. - everything else is already refurbished regarding suspension.
brakes were rekitted months ago, i may buy new disks and pads though despite mine being good. new is just better!

contemplating polishing my brake hardlines as they look all scummy. maybe zinc if its doable (greg may know?)

iv got lots of pictures but no time to upload this evening.
1972 1200 coupe KB110
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Replating is legit as. I polished some once, and they went rusty as fuck since I'd compromised the OG zinc plating.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Yeah it's definitely doable the 180B's lines are all replated
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

So, some pictures.
i have been busy spending more dollars on silly spec badges as per normal.
20151216_190121.jpg
20160110_124817.jpg
20160123_121848.jpg
20160123_121852.jpg
20160123_122009.jpg
20160123_132038.jpg
20160123_135957.jpg
20160123_143250.jpg
20160125_194459.jpg
20160125_194505.jpg
20160125_214858.jpg
20160125_214923.jpg
20160125_215119.jpg
this is my birthday present to myself.......ex malasia somewhere i managed to hunt these down after 11 months on the hunt.
received_890129144417851.jpeg
and the top gx5 boot badge in this image
received_890122204418545.jpeg
thats enough for now, but i am progressing.

im hoping if im nice enough and throw money at brendan he will reco my gbox.

As nice as it will be to look at, its not that fun to push everywhere. so as for the engine, im very torn at this stage.
yes iv sunk some silly coin into the efi/itb/ecu/ga16de thing, but if i get the racey A15 the coupe came with looked over/checked and tuned all good etc il be away motoring much sooner than if i stick with the GA.

getting really sick of spending money and not driving it.

BUT FUCK, IT WILL LOOK REALLY GOOD. (even if it is only is in my opinion)

interested in arguments for and against the engine debate im having.
i hope the pictures suffice. i have more if need be
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1972 1200 coupe KB110