DJZ's DR30 Skyline

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
DJZ
Datsun God

Re: DJZ's DR30 Skyline

Post by DJZ »

They're definitely two piece. It's back to 4 stud now, suspension hasn't quite settled in the back in the picture as I've only just put it down off the jack.

Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

Man I love this car....
My orangatang 510 here.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

It could do with being a little bit lower, this is how it's sitting now that everything has settled. I think I'm going to get 205/55/16s for the front and 225/50/16s for the back, they seem to be the most common sizes for 16x7s and 16x8s. Need to repaint the wing mirrors too, I think I've still got some black plastic paint so I'll probably do them with that.

Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Looking good man, I like this look and love this car. If I had a desire to be single I'd definitely own it I think, but Jill would either leave or just kill me if I adopted another old Datsun/Nissan
Datsuns from A to Zed
280zx_nz
Regular

Post by 280zx_nz »

Looks really good. They look alot better on a DR30 iron mask. HR30 is still sitting on axle stands haha.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic Skylines owners of New Zealand
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Classicskylinesnz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Classic Z owners of New Zealand
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClassicZedsofNZ/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

So after two months of sitting I took this thing in for new tyres and a warrant today, passed the warrant the new tyres will be here tomorrow. Oh I bought some new radiator hoses for it too.

I'll be taking this to the grasskhana this weekend.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

haha sick!!!!!!!!! it sounded like you wouldnt have a car for the grasskhana so iam very impressed to see you got it sorted
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Mucked around with this a bit this weekend, it was over due for an oil change so I did that, put the new radiator hoses on at the same time and decided to replace the gasket for the wastegate, I flattened off the adaptor part in the mill and gave the manifold piece a quick go over with a file, still don't expect it to last very long, need to find some thin copper sheet still.

Broom broom, I would suggest turning your speakers down.

Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Oh I took the blow off valve apart to see what the difference was between the copy Tial and the real Tial off the Z, should have been pretty obvious if I looked at them side by side, the fake one is quite a bit shorter than the real one, the inside where the spring sits is actually 10mm shallower in the fake one meaning the spring is compressed more than it would be in a real valve, no wonder it doesn't work properly.

There are some fakes on Aliexpress that look more like the real thing, I might just buy one of them to try, they're about $60 - 70 and come with another flange etc.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Changed the back shocks in this thing today, I thought the 280Z KYB's that I had were too long but when I checked them again today they were pretty much the same length as the Bilsteins that were in the Skyline, made a big difference to the way it drives and the noise from the left rear has gone away. It's still too high but I'll worry about that if it doesn't sell.
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread