Kartboys KB110

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Re: Kartboys KB110

Post by kartboy »

Ah this purchase just got better

got a call from the woman I got it off yesterday, they have just done a clean out of the shed and one of the guys is bringing me back a boot load of stuff.

went and collected it from him, now have the head and distributor for the spare engine, another starter motor, spare tail lights, new clutch, new brake shoes, new wheel brake cylinder, couple of books (manuals), and that is just what i found without completely unpacking all the boxes.
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

kartboy wrote:Ah this purchase just got better

got a call from the woman I got it off yesterday, they have just done a clean out of the shed and one of the guys is bringing me back a boot load of stuff.

went and collected it from him, now have the head and distributor for the spare engine, another starter motor, spare tail lights, new clutch, new brake shoes, new wheel brake cylinder, couple of books (manuals), and that is just what i found without completely unpacking all the boxes.
You know Hayden, there's a point where we're all excited and happy for you...and then there's the point where we think you're a total asshole for getting such a good buy and rubbing our noses in it :P Good for you, and f**k you too! :mrgreen:

- Braasy

P.S. Remember, if you ever need to sell, let me know! 8-)
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Post by sr1600 »

braasmonkey wrote:
kartboy wrote:Ah this purchase just got better

You know Hayden, there's a point where we're all excited and happy for you...and then there's the point where we think you're a total asshole for getting such a good buy and rubbing our noses in it :P Good for you, and f**k you too! :mrgreen:

- Braasy

P.S. Remember, if you ever need to sell, let me know! 8-)

:agree:

Haha - I think the clean warrent sheet was the line you crossed.

Better bargin than briscoes
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

thats gold :lol: but we are all just a little jealous me thinks
kartboy
Committee Members
aka: Hayden

Post by kartboy »

Been a while since anything has been mentioned about this vehicle being such a good buy.

Have finally just stripped all the paint off it and there is hardly any rust in it either, especially for a datsun that is 40 years old.

It has just been delivered to its new home for the next 8 months or so (father in law who is doing the panel work), he reckons the worst panel is the roof and that doesn't have any rust so that should tell you just how good it is.

I have taken some photos (not very good ones), will put them up sometime in next week or so.

to go factory colour or not factory colour.........................you will just have to wait and see.
kb110
Datsun Dreamer

Post by kb110 »

One of the factory colours for sure. Karitane yellow was never one of my favourites.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

well done man, that's great news, factory colour can look fantastic, with some shiny new paint and polished rims.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Getting a theme Hayden?
Factory forever. You can paint it in the coolest colour of the time, and it will look great! But in ten years you will be asking yourself, "what was I thinking" as the colour has dated and the car no longer looks classic.
Factory colour FTW! :deadhorse:
Datsuns from A to Zed
Tony_Whenua
Financial Member

Post by Tony_Whenua »

I love original colours ... they look the boss!
Hoping my sedan will one day be this colour
"Dude you're like 30 degrees retarded" - Chris_g1 & 2 Doors
kb110
Datsun Dreamer

Post by kb110 »

From memory coupes back in 72 were white, cream, two shades of green, orange, red, yellow, blue and maybe some others that users with better memories may add.
They also had real pin stripes. Not stick on jobs.
White had blue. Red, green, orange and blue had white, yellow had back.