Introduce Yourself Here

The go to place for all things popular
sr1600
Financial Member
aka: Mark

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by sr1600 »

Im Mark alway liked the 510's growing up.

Studied with Luke Keegan at tech and couldnt afford the car when he sold it, so did the next best thing and brought it off the next owner. In the engineering trade, been living away from home for the last year.

So now im home im getting the 510 back on the road and building another beast cause everyone knows you cant just have one.
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

cool dude welcome :mrgreen:
start a build thread man! :tits:
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Hi, I'm Darryl, joined up as i have aquired a 1978 Datsun 120a FII coupe.

Its in need of some serious work to get it back on the road, as its had a frontal crash, but im trying to find some parts from Chch atm, and the guy seems helpful, so it should be a good project if i can get all the parts i need.

My 1st 2 cars were 1200 Coupes, 1st one had a roll cage, bonnet clips, and a 120ysss engine with side drafts, was a pretty cool car to take to school :)

2nd one had a 5 speed and stock engine, but even though no1 was full of rust and bog, it was a far better car.

Also had a 1600 sedan for a while, but it was pretty far gone, got it to wof standard and moved it along as it just wasnt me.

So the 120a is A great looking little car, sure its fwd, but i like it. Still has factory push button am radio, quite tidy apart from damage. Pity it seems to have had a few bits removed and sold after the crash, has no brake master so its stuck on the lawn beside the house atm. It has a tow bar, so im going tomake a towing bar to hook it onto my 4wd and tow it down and put it beside the garage so i can get a good look at things and get repairs underway.

Possibly it may end up with a sr20ve conversion one day if i think i can make the engine and trans fit into it. 1st impressions are that it will work.

I have had a turbo NXR with 295kw atw, and have a Primera p10 with a turbo engine, thats my daily driver, kid mover and track day circuit racer, its only 170kw atw, and fun to drive.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

welcome man, really like the idea of an sr20ve in your cherry. would hall some epic arse. i can just imagine the sound of ITB's at full noise. keep us updated
weber68

Post by weber68 »

Hi!! I´m Jose Maria i´m 24 years old i´m from Mexico, i have a 1968 datsun bluebird i bought it in 2004 since that i did some things to my car like send it to the paint shop i changed the radiator i made on it a general servcie ( brakes, electrical, etc) in general the engine was efficent until january when it started to expel blue smoke and i started to thing about to buy a new engine also i wanted more power and finish speed so i bought a J18 nissan engine it wasn´t new but it was stock I installed it in my car now it has more power but i need to buy a new gearbox that´s the plan until now and i think in the past i didn´t pay attention to my car to made some modifications but now i feel the necessity to made even more special my car.

i want to modify the brake system, i need electronic ignition, the new gearbox and really a don´t know how to modify the driveshaft there are a lots of questions
i hope you could help me through this path, thanks!!!!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

welcome Jose.
We'll do our best to offer you advise for your project.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
lukey
Regular

Post by lukey »

Hi Shayne here from auckland, i've got a 1600sss under a back to new rebuild and a 1600 deluxe as a daily driver
Cheers to all will start a build thread when i figger out how to upload the pics :thumbsup:
2014 Audi RS4 Daily
1972 Datsun 1600sss under restoration
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

welcome shayne. awaiting your pics with eagerness

to upload pics, you can use the likes of imageshack or photobucket. or when you post up a reply etc, just below the submit button is the attachment upload section. just choose the pics you are wanting to upload then hit submit
Amator

Post by Amator »

Hey Paul here from Auckland just getting back into Datto's after a 17 year hiatus.
Sold my 67 Falcon wagon a little while ago, I could have just bought another but I held out,got married and. . . . . .spent the money!!!@#$*!!!!
Saving the pennies as we speak gonna get a little 120Y Wagon(73-77) love those 70's Datto's :drool:
Not that many pics available on the net of wagons,can anybody help with links or pics of their own cars??
Thanks all,Talk to you all soon hopefully.Cheers :thumbsup:
sik200b

Post by sik200b »

Hi I'm Grant from napier had a love for datsuns as well as others 4 years especially a 1600 definetly want 1 of them soon live in Napier hb studying hard at the local eit :highfive: