Introduce Yourself Here

The go to place for all things popular
tsC20
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by tsC20 »

Loving the wagon mate ! One of the very last B310 wags by the look of it. Great to see some other Wellington residents here ! I have one as well so will keep an eye out for yours. Know what you mean about faded tan brown. 30 plus years with our UV doesn't help.
Regulator
aka: Paul

Post by Regulator »

Hi Im Paul. I used to be on this site many years ago until I wrote off my 120y. I have recently purchased another one (in the pic) which I plan on taking for a wof in the next few weeks with the hope that I will be able to come on the Akaroa cruise. My main concern is whether bonnet pins are still cool or not.....haha
Paul's Dato.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Welcome back Paul!!!
The very first Akaroa meet was sort of your Idea. (well the meet was, Blair first mooted Akaroa as a destination) Must have been heartbreak that your GX bought the farm only a few weeks before it. I still have the tyres off that car that you sold me too. They're awful perished now though. lol
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

hi, im Dylan. I am a flake and love penis :lol:

good to be back guys. missed you all, except bart
Loagz
aka: Loagz

Post by Loagz »

Hey, My names Loagz,
Decided to join as from childhood I have had some kind of disease caused by Datsuns and aging Nissans,
my condition no doubt agitated by my 'ol man and 'ol lady who refuse to buy/drive anything else.

I currently own:
-1974 S30, MY FIRST CAR!, purchased when I was 15 (rebuild starting soon after build details finalized)
> fingers crossed to run a VK56 mated to a T56 and R200 in a widened (no, not over-fendered) all steel customized body (shaved, suicide doors ec) with pushrod suspension.

-1991 Nissan RNN14 GTiR in black
> completely original (even has umbrella in door)
> becoming a parts car for my white '93

-1993 Nissan RNN14 GTiR in white
> currently begining its rebuild

-2004 Nissan Clipper Kei Van
(if you dont know what a Kei car is, Please educate yourself and Google it )
> Now Honda boys think there JDM as F**K......pleeeeaaaasssee spare me, they have nothing on Kei's

Cars Ive Retired:

1982 Nissan Silvia S110
> Eventually parted out due to damage caused by useless courier driver in van.
(still retained the Z18ET twin spark and 5 speed from it)

1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T
> Basic Mods = 189kW @ RW
(Engine eventually transplanted into another R32 and body onsold).
- Best thing with this one I repositioned the AFM to the charge side and relocated the filter to poke through the LFGuard, sounded like a pissed off jet like vacuum cleaner on crack ready to take off !
Great mod, if you dont mind your filter getting wet when its raining.

1994 Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25T
>mainly drift oriented modifications: OS twin plate, HiCAS lock, Non-locking H/brake, Filter, Boost, Port matching etc
-Unfortunately flipped this down a rocky bank after finding (the wrong kind of) wet spot sliding me off down the bank rolling onto the beach foreshore writing it off with the insurance declining the claim...............
-major poos and wees !
oh well, parted it out and kept the desirable goods like the gbox and clutch and such.

1978 S130 280Z X2
> hounded an old boss constantly until he crumbled and ended up giving them to me if I took them away !
- one had more rust than steel and was parted
- the other got turned into some weird topless creation fuelled by late nights and various alcoholic beverages that we kept lowering untill the sills were level with the road curbing, the windscreen was slid down untill only half its height remained, doors welded shut and shaved and the MK1 SSR's it came with polished up. It was crazy BITCHIN!,..... it was also really illegal and pink sticker material so it never got driven far and only under the cover of darkness and industrial side streets.
- this was all in 1999 when i was an apprentice, long before 'poke' and 'stance' movements, hell, no one had even heard of 'drifting', we were still calling it 'goin sidewayz'
- ended up 'selling' to a 'friend' who never came up with the cash and vanished, I heard he took the Mk1 SSR's to a metal man for scrap ! I still shed a tear for them to this day, what I would give to have those wheels in my hands now!

1994 Toyota SW20 MR2
1984 BMW 320i 2 Door
But these were mistakes, so we wont talk about them.

Cars I have my eye on:

1983 Datsun 910/Nissan Bluebird ZX-E
> Actually currently owned by my dad.
- Been non-stop at him to let me take ownership of it
- New Zealand assembled (at the Nissan Assembly Plant in Wiri, where I live about 200m from!) special two tone anniversary edition. Top range ZX-E model L20B, 5 speed and IRS, only traveled 90000kms from new.Replaced head deck, tyres, front brake pads and oil control rings (lost tension due to not being driven), and added a Auger rear window louvre in around 1988, everything else is factory fitted original.
- Was lucky enough to meet some of the guys working that line when the 910 was being produced and by chance got to meet the very man who layed down the ICI Autocolour paint to its body.

> Not sure what I paln to do with it when its in my hands,
Throwing a few ideas around:

*SR20 N/A conversion with GTiR 54C head and quads peeking through the bonnet. Rolling on Hayashis or Wanatabes tucked under S30 over fenders

*Z18ET replacement, possibly even a slight Fury replica

*Z24 twin cam head onto the L20B to make a LZ20 replica engine, metal flared guards running my genuine 1975 Datsun 14x7J alloy mesh wheels.

>>> Any other sugestions???

Oh yeh, my dad also rocks a Nissan Vanette (yeh, I know its a Mazda Bongo, but it still says Nissan on the badge so suck it)

My mums ride is a 1996 N15 GTi 3 door with the subdued SR18DE
My brothers is her old 1991 N14 GTi 4 door

So i pretty much come from a Nissan/Datsun family and am stoked to now join another.

So, if your wondering where all this dribble is going and your actually still reading this far still, I dont talk from my ass on automotive topics:
I have spent the best part of about 26years educating myself on all aspects of the automotive scene and culture. I am currently employed as a Certified Collision Repair Technician at an elite Auckland shop with I-CAR bronze certification, I-CAR Structural Welding Certificate #959, and various other Certificates. Previous race, rally and quarter mile fabrication and set up experience, Experience in design, diagnosis and fabrication in Automotive Electrical, Automotive Engineering experience including diagnosis, Skilled in metal forming (including use of english wheel, swagging machine, mechanical and heat shrinking/streaching, roll forms, power hammers and hammer and file techniques ('bogless repairs')) skilled fibreglass fabricator in both direct lay-up and plug/mould methods and some other stuff ive probably missed.

Im currently training/ upskilling myself with:
-Latest vehicle manufacturers technologies
-Refinishing (paint and paint preperation)
-Airbrush detailing
-Pinstripping (the original hand painted type, not the bulls**t stick on crap)
-Lead work (it is getting extremely hard to find someone who is competent with the skill of leadding nowadays, its a dying skill, but one that should be kept alive)
-Aerodynamic principles and its application to automotive engineering
-Suspension geometry and its effects and challenges

WOW, that was a rant, sorry
but above all this I would like to thank the NZDC for welcoming me into their family
Awwwww, THANKX :dance:

............ I HATE BEING BIPOLAR, ITS AWESOME..........
" Modifying's Just Making Things Better " J.James
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Welcome Loagz!
Good to have you on board.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Good read mate - enjoyed that

Sounds like you have found the right place to hang out online. welcome
Naki-Fisher
Regular
aka: Naki

Post by Naki-Fisher »

Very good read.
look forward to seeing some of you handy work.
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Hey Guys im Stewart
Brought my Blue 1978 280z a couple of months ago and im loving it (when its running right)
Im 19 Im originally from nelson but im now in in my second year as a Fitting and machining apprentice here in chch.
Looking forward to meeting some of you at the rakaia cruise in a couple of weeks.
You wouldn't have that problem with a V8!!!!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Welcome Stuart!
Always keen to meet new people.