Kitch's 120Y

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Kitch
Financial Member

Re: Kitch's 120Y

Post by Kitch »

Akaroa ,tee minus 11 day update.....

Car timed and tuned (thanks Brendan for that, and thanks Scotty for slugging back heiny's with me while he did it) :beer:

front struts are out last night and away being shortened today, 310 tophats fitted, re-oiled, RCA's, and avenger springs chopped to suit etc

Going to have a crack at 'reverse-eyeing' the rear leaves, then blocking to suit, to achieve 75mm O/A drop all corners

also plan to 'borrow' my coupes GX style mirrors and fit them up.

will throw on a front lip, and maybe chuck in some sounds, then good to for akaroa
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

So sweet! Can't wait for pics/checking this out!! By the way, do I need to organise a run down to you next week to pick up that stuff of mine? Or will you have space to bring them to Akaroa?

- Braasy
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

keen to see how flipping the top leaf goes, are you going to get it re-tempered with the curve going the opposite way it is now?
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Are you getting the fronts shortened by using a spacer or actually getting them machined down and rethread for the top nut?

Also, did the b310 top hats require some cutting/griding to fit the hole?

keep up the good wpork! will be refering to this when I get round to lowering ym coupe
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

to fit the 310 top hats I am going to have to grind back about 3-5mm all around the strut hole, which will leave just the start of the upward lip around the strut hole (perhaps 2-3mm of this left).

I will be just fitting spacers to the inners of the shocks. the 310 top hats mean I actually am lowering the car 37mm before I do any changes to the springs etc. so I will only need to choke the stroke by probably about 40mm, with the new springs fitted. My mate is doing it after work tonight so will know what I ended up with later.

Wal, I am just going to do the american hot rod way of doing the reversy eye thing. that is to scribe out chalk line on floor, and take multiple bites at it with my bottle jack shop press every 20mm till I turn it inside out to match original chalk line on the floor - wish me luck!!!! thinking I might leave spring say 20mm shallow so that perhaps it assists with the lowering?

Braasy, Meant to chuck the seats on Brendans trailer last week... but forgot after a few beers.... I can possibly squeeze the dash in to the boot, and definately the chin spoiler, but seats wont fit I am afraid, as bringing whole fam up for Akaroa

But can see if they fit in the back seat, and maybe we can meet in ash vegas one night next week, as would quite like to take the Y for a decent run before akaroa?
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Kitch wrote:to fit the 310 top hats I am going to have to grind back about 3-5mm all around the strut hole, which will leave just the start of the upward lip around the strut hole (perhaps 2-3mm of this left).

I will be just fitting spacers to the inners of the shocks. the 310 top hats mean I actually am lowering the car 37mm before I do any changes to the springs etc. so I will only need to choke the stroke by probably about 40mm, with the new springs fitted. My mate is doing it after work tonight so will know what I ended up with later.

Wal, I am just going to do the american hot rod way of doing the reversy eye thing. that is to scribe out chalk line on floor, and take multiple bites at it with my bottle jack shop press every 20mm till I turn it inside out to match original chalk line on the floor - wish me luck!!!! thinking I might leave spring say 20mm shallow so that perhaps it assists with the lowering?

Braasy, Meant to chuck the seats on Brendans trailer last week... but forgot after a few beers.... I can possibly squeeze the dash in to the boot, and definately the chin spoiler, but seats wont fit I am afraid, as bringing whole fam up for Akaroa

But can see if they fit in the back seat, and maybe we can meet in ash vegas one night next week, as would quite like to take the Y for a decent run before akaroa?
Sounds good, and no worries on the seats. Ruth and I are driving to Terrace Downs next Wednesday for the night. It's only an extra hour to an hour and a half if you wanted me to pick up the seats to get them out of the way. Your call. If you don't mind storing them, that's fine with me too! :)

- Braasy
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

champion, cheers for the tips. will ahve to track down some b310 tophats for myself!
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Braasy, trying to have rejig & tidy up here, so be keen to get rid of this stuff.
See how you are placed when you get here, and can maybe sort something out.
alternatively I could probably get them to our "sister" company in Sockburn during next week
braasmonkey
Site Admin

Post by braasmonkey »

Kitch wrote:Braasy, trying to have rejig & tidy up here, so be keen to get rid of this stuff.
See how you are placed when you get here, and can maybe sort something out.
alternatively I could probably get them to our "sister" company in Sockburn during next week
Second option sounds simpler, let us know the cost. Otherwise, don't mind a scenic drive down south :)

- Braasy