Re: Convoy From the north For Akaroa thread.

2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

trainspotters among you will notice that the first couple of posts of this thread have been deleted, this is to allow the following timetable to be created.

OK FOLKS, IM PUTTING TOGETHER A TIMETABLE FOR THIS CONVOY.DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS.

first meeting place will be in tokaroa, at 9.30 on thursday morning (destination service station to be announced) it will be a half hour stop then 10am departure to continue on the road to the next meeting point, to be announced, depending on expressions of interest from other members heading down.
idealy we will be looking to catch the 6pm sailing and staying thursday night at the riverside roadhouse outside of blenheim before heading off at 10am on friday, there will be a short stop in blenheim, to allow the blenheim contingent to join.
more details to come.
please pm me if you are interested in joining us for the journey and ill update stops and times for meeting .

THURS 18 OCT ; 9.30 am at BUNNINGS WHAREHOUSE MAIN ROAD TOKAROA
5.00PM INTERISLAND FERRY TERMINAL WELLINGTON

FRIDAY 19 9.30 TRAIN STATION MAIN ROAD BLENHEIM

suggestions for meeting points welcome ,and if you cant take part but want to swing by a stop and say hello, then we will be happy to see you

My cotact no for anyone wishing to catch us on the road is 027 333 0715
Last edited by 2 doors on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
mark105
Datsun Dreamer
aka: 10 5

Post by mark105 »

Mean some one to convoy with. Was going to be riding solo most the way other wise haha. Sounds like a plan. Im going to book in my ferry tickets some time very soon so will prob chuck the sailing up in here some time this weekend.

Cheers for the offers of places to stay. Chris chucked a bed in there so i pretty much couldnt turn him down.
Tony_Whenua wrote:
mark105 wrote: I was going to take the late night ferry Thursday night/Friday morning and just sleep on board.
If you need a stop to sleep, single mattress or couch available in blenheim before your drive down to chch. You'd prob be too psyched to sleep though :burnout: .
Will see how we go was thinking i would just get to chch then have a power nap some where there before racing.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

reading through some of the build threads, id say we will probably pick up a couple of others along the way,its still a month and a half away, plenty of time to organise a convoy.
id hold off on the ferry and just rock up on the day, saves any stress if there is a hold up (or we get waylaid stopping at horopito wreckers on the way down ) :tits: YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

we have never booked with our 12 mtr motorhome and have never had a problem crossing.
510BRE
Area Reps
aka: shane

Post by 510BRE »

cris_g1 and bernie will be goin to chch driving
1972 r/h drive 2dr P510 sedan 98 sr20det in the build
1969 l/h drive 2dr PL510 sedan bre look alike
1972 r/h drive 4dr P510 sedan pretty standard
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

I think that was post i was refering to, was planning on sending them a pm ,then this thread got started,
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

only reason i was thinking of booking ferry was dont you get a bit of a discount for getting in early?

im not phased either way at going to horopito. been there many many a time and seen mostly what they have on offer but if others want to stop in that's cool. im more just keen on a leisurely stroll down the country with some sweet Datsuns.
atchernv
Regular

Post by atchernv »

Keen to convoy it from Wellington onwards (ie. from the ferry onwards). The Friday morning sailing sounds like its pretty ideal

Also for ferry online bookings ahead of time save about $10-20 from memory, but dont quote me on that..
Datsun-less
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

ahh yup so booking it is neither here nor there really. im probably going to just book it anyway as pretty dead keen on making it for the track day and if i don't get this sailing that plan is mostly out the window. every one seems pretty happy on taking the late night thursday sailing so thats pretty sweet.

got my leave all sused today, all my parts have arrived and cert is booked. just need to knuckle down and get everything on the car. should be pretty well sorted.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

picton to chch is around 4 hrs with a stop, im sure people have done it a lot quicker, but if we took the friday ferry, we would have to get the early 6 am ? sailing. thurs night fri morn, either way suits me, but if we did the friday morning we would need to find somewhere to bunk down thurs night.
mark105
Datsun Dreamer

Post by mark105 »

yeh i dont mind either way either. stick with thurs night as thats what most are keen for?