Financial Member

Re: Beaver's 120y coupe

Post by Garth »

:o looking awesome! great place to take some pics too by the looks of it
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

cheers! so stoked to get it going properly and can enjoy it finally!

yeh there are some sweet views from up there on a nice day.
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

The one that got away, that's a sweet Datsun that wasn't snapped up by a Datsun local.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I'd change the coolant a few times to get any shite out the block and heater core.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

yeh its on its third lot of water, havnt put any coolent in it yet (waste of money! haha). have a piece of pantyhoe (which I borrowed from your mum Bart) over the top radiator hose to capture any shit (radiator guy told me the trick) have mptied it a couple of ties and its picking up some floates whih is good.
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Drove into work today, as well as a good fang up the motorway last night, all seems to be behaving itslef. The new thermostat is actually an 88 degree one as opposed to the factory 82 degrees. Obviuosly means its running a little hotter so might stick the old one back in (I have no reason to believe it doesnt work, and have seen it opening/closing etc when hot). Normal operating temo seems to be between halfway and 2/3rd son the gauge, would liek it a touch lower. Have a temp gauge at home sitting aroundI was going to chuck in the the factyory temp sender is stuck in the block and didnt want to risk breaking it etc.

Also been buying mysel some goodies (payrise and backpay ftw) which consist of:
Haynes manual (not very exciting but invaluable)
Carb kit (currently leaks petrola nd is gunky as fuck)
New carpets (original ones are pretty fucked, is the only thing letting the interior down)
2" lowering blocks (self explanatory really)

Also hoping that Dadums is corect in thinkng he has some frontlored springs for this, will find out this weekend and if they fit then will purchase them off him and tri to match the 2" drop in the rear.

Should be a productive weekend hopefully!
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Nice man! These coupe's are starting to grow on me a bit. Look forward to seeing some slammed pic's
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Yeh Im loving it aye. Sick of the auto already though haha!

On the look out for wheels now.....
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

New carpet installed, makes such a difference. Was a shame to have to ditch the factory blue carpets but they were pretty buggered.

Also rebuilt carb as it was leaking petrol.

And finally put in a little standalone amp for some sounds (to plug ipod into etc). 30 bucks off trademe brand new and is hidden under the dash, super easy to wire in as well, just needs + and -. just need to come up with a speaker install (just got speakers in the boot at the mo). Found some precut holes (just need punching out) in each side of the boot floor/side trim so might just get some decent 6" or whatever fits and roll with that.

grabbed some springs of dadums today that he had collecting dust. are king springs and depending on where you look they are standard height or lows. even if they are standard they will be good to use as they are progressive so keep a nice flat spring end when cut.

so thought Id chuck the blocks in the back (easy hour job) and the stick fronts in, see how low/not low they made it and trim to match the back. sounded like a good plan in theory....

turns out the blocks I got are no where near fitting (pin size is miles off). So that stopped that plan quikly. Have emailed the people who sent me the blocks to tell them they fucked up. Hopefully they have another size that will work
kicker
Financial Member

Post by kicker »

I had trouble with my blocks, I needed a 40mm locator size but the place I bought them from couldn't find anything so they just sent me some blanks with the u-bolts. I ended up taking them to Howat's and they bored the hole and turned up new pins to slot in, was $40 for both iirc