Beaver's 120y coupe

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Re: Beaver's 120y coupe

Post by beaver »

Oh sweet. Ive got a second set on there way (was hoping theyd be here today but no luck). Measured up the pin and they had somethign that matched (not listed for this car mind you haha). Fingers crossed my measurements were right.....
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

Did 700 odd km over the weekend, didnt miss a beat.

Performed greater then expected (considering a12 and auto) and didnt hold up too many people haha.

Had a few set backs with lowering blocks and bolts last week, so will try again this weekend maybe and get it closer ot the ground. Once its lower ill start looking at some new shoes for it as well.

Am in the process of gathering manual swap bits and tryimgn to track down a a15, figured I may as well kill two birds with one stone....

Will chuck up a pic or two later just because.
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

more boring pics

lowered the back tonight, 2" blocks. not low low but much better already. will biff the king springs I have in the front over the weekend and trim to suit.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

If you haven't already, do an oil change on your diffy. There was lots of oil on the diff, so odds are there's bugger all inside it.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

ah yes, I was thinking that when I was under there tonight. Will do so this weekend.
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

fucks sake. some clowns been spanner swinging under my car and make a fucking mess.

One of the two bolts that hold the strut to the steering arm/balljoint housing was over tighten and snapped. And for some reason it wont come out....

So I thought id have a go at the other side and the same clown has stripped the brake line nut. Its as round as a fucking round thing and vice grips on full tit wont budge it.

pretty annoyed. looks like ill have to cut the bottom of the bolt/nut off for the strut bolt, and not sure what to do about the brake nut. ideas?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Vise grips?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Dude you are coming across the same mickey mouse things I had with mine. Drove me nuts but all sorted in the end and is a pleasure to pull apart now :D I had spares of those strut bolts as I fitted some bump steer spacers but they will be in petone with my other shit (and ex mrs)
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

ah, emergancy diverted.

got brake nut off, its well fucked. how does one replace? cut, new nut, then reflare the end?

also the 'snapped' bolt turned out to just be stripped, managed to get it off using a screw driver jammed in to apply force while undoing it. bolt and nut are fucked.

one on the other side is also fucked.

will try get some replacement bolts tomorrow. that have a funny shapped head to fit but a bit of time with a file/grinder should do the trick. got some bump steer spacers from kitch on their way soon so might even just wait for them to arrive as they have bolts to suit

got one side fitted with king springs, got the others out then ran out of motivation, will finish tomorrow. pretty gay knowing Im going to have to pull itall back apart again to trim the springs.

fun fun
beaver
Datsun Nutter

Post by beaver »

making the most of my sick day cough, cough. Got some new bolts for the struts, mostly just to use as mockups unitl my bump steer spacers arrive (they have longer grade 12.8 bolts), ones I got are 8.8. brake line is getting remade with nonfucked nuts, pick that up this arvo.

chucked king springs in, turns out they are factory height so measured how much drop I needed to make the car level with the back, 40mm. took them out and cut 2 coils off to what I though would keep them captive....got something wrong a sthey arent haha. ah well, not going to work anyway as it still needs another 20mm or so lower in the front.

b310 tophats fit in with minor adjustments so am trying to track down a pair of those (they are a different design and the strut top nut sits ~30mm higher than normal so its an easy 30mm drop. should level things out,then will get shocks shortned to suit (one day....)