dylans 910 wagon

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Re: dylans 910 wagon

Post by mint16 »

im sure you can get the 910 running properly fairly easily!!
have you recon'd the dizzy? cleaned out the carb?

ive found most L-series dizzys only have one weight spring, instead of two springs. therefore the unsprung weight can remain out and upset the timing.
plus, dizzys should be periodically serviced, which they usually arent. a good clean and lube up will make a huge difference, my L20b 200b wagon went farking well, just check the udrive times thread!!!

if you want, i can fully recond an L-series dizzy up here for you and send it down????
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

mint16 wrote: if you want, i can fully recond an L-series dizzy up here for you and send it down????
sounds like a plan brendan. what would be involved in getting that done, and any idea on cost?
mint16
Financial Member

Post by mint16 »

FREE!!!!! ill find a good set of points, mite even have a new set, and ill throw them in. you may just need to fit your rotor and cap.
ill build one during the week at work haha.
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

fuck you're a mad GC :thumbsup: you are a life saver man. ive got a new cap and rotor on it at the mo
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

yeah man, just get the wagon running sweet, and concentrate on the laural as a project, like the others have stated, one at a time for the win.
there should be enough of us here to get the L20 running mint as.
do you have a timing light? have you tested the leads? how old are the plugs?
I have a freind who had his own carb buisness, and he always stated 90% of carb problems are electrical,!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Definately roll the Su's dude. They sound way cooler, and are mean on juice when you don't have much gas.
I know all too well the frustration of not being able to make your car run right. But once the problem is resolved, it's such a great feeling!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

well i know that it has bew plugs, leads, dizzy rotor, cap, pints and condensor. i do have a new sports coil for it so will fit that and the SU's this weekend.

i know what you mean bart, when the SU's were on the sedan, it went real well. i think a might just fit some new plugs to be 100% and some different leaves.

i do have a timing light but no point checking it until i get the recond dizzy from brendan.

its not a major problem, its just a bit slow and flat around town, and abit frustrating towing a trailer. but once reving, it loves it :twisted:
mint16
Financial Member

Post by mint16 »

my L-series dizzys must be in the boot of the 610, so will mish out after work tomoro to have a look, if no luck, then the recond dizzy i have on the 610 L18 mite have to be nicked for you!!
damn, i thought i had sorted out my shed so i knew where everything was....
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
dirtyleppa
Datsun God

Post by dirtyleppa »

well got home and found a note under my door. had a name, and said i hit your car. of cause i went and had a look.

from a distance, i didnt see anything. upon closer inspection i found this :cry: :cry: :cry:

to my horror, it has been pushed back quite a way back, but worst of all has messed with the original body lines, so im a bit pissed. it also broke the the window and the glass has gone everywhere.

if anyone has a spare window lying around, or knows of one please let me know :cry:
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

gutted man!
at least they left a note to say theyd done it!
did they leave contact details so that they can pay for it?
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!