Datsun 260c

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Datsun 260c

Post by classicdat »

Assumption can be the mother of all...
Have you got the box there? 240Z boxes have a companion flange on the output. I am pretty sure 330s have a sliding spline. If it is a 280zx box you will prob. Be ok.
Datsuns from A to Zed
Ivan
Datsun Nutter
aka: Ivan

Post by Ivan »

The manual conversion was very easy for me.The auto cross member bolted straight on to the manual box,driveshaff fits on fine.The Rpms at 100Kph are alot lower,I couldn't tell what the Rpms are as i don't have a Rev Counter fitted yet.The hardest part of the conversion is getting all the the parts.....But well worth it..Ohh and it pays to cut out the gearshift hole before putting the gearbox in........ :?
Datsun 260c

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jdmridesnz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Snoozin
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Richy

Post by Snoozin »

Classicdat... Yes I read what you posted in my build thread and the box I have which came out of an S30 240Z (mikeys VQ35 powered beast!) has a sliding yoke type output shaft.

Rblover... Good to hear, cheers for the headsup re shifter hole.. Will make sure its done.
Ivan
Datsun Nutter

Post by Ivan »

Hi guys.....Well got some rust cut out and new steel welded in place.Now i can start getting the body ready for paint.Thanks again Warrick (2 doors)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ivan on Wed May 01, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Datsun 260c

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jdmridesnz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ivan
Datsun Nutter

Post by Ivan »

and more also painted the rear garnish i think it looks really good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Datsun 260c

Ivan
Datsun Nutter

Post by Ivan »

Also for a Wof i had to replace the front shocks which i did 2 weeks ago.Today i replaced the rear ones as well.Hopefully this will make the old boat handle a bit better........ :?
Last edited by Ivan on Wed May 01, 2013 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Datsun 260c

D1RTY6
Financial Member
aka: Nathan

Post by D1RTY6 »

Starting to come along nicely! any idea on what colour you are going to paint it?
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

Looking good dude - you need some hq springs for the front - stiffen it up just enough not to hamper the Couch like ride.
Snoozin
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Richy

Post by Snoozin »

There's a huge amount of rates, heights etc available too, for HK through to HX Holden that will fit too, you can tailor the height and ride comfort to exactly what you want.

Looking sharp though man, should be primo in paint - is it going back to original blue?
cul8r
Regular
aka: Chris

Post by cul8r »

HQ 6cyl Super slows!

Ideal! Reckon the gloria handled real nice, still rode nicely as brocky said, and got it low. Firmed it slightly, combined with the Bridgestone Re002's I put on made it handle like it was on rails. Brock also sorted some KYB's front and rear which helped matters no end!