2 doors 1200 2door sedan / Nearly cert ready

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Re: 2 doors 1200 2door sedan / engine now RUNNING

Post by brocky41 »

Hopefully just a $2 seal Wal, Although i do see where they are coming from in regards of length of time having the item, it always sucks to get fobbed off.
If it was me you were phoning (not there anymore) I would have got it checked out / fixed by the pro's and then do some kinda deal over costs (if any). Its the "keep everyone happy service".

Cylinders are a real pain from new because most people (not all, but i used to do it) pull a new item out and pump it a few times dry and say to themselves "yip thats a good one, not siezed" lol, and it tears the seals to bits. Almost guarantee - fit new seals, job done.
gman
Financial Member
aka: gman

Post by gman »

2 doors wrote:Useless update , I finally got round to phoning bnt, in regards to the master cylinder leaking , not sure how senior the person I spoke to was , but I was assured the master cylinder is now out of warrantee , the person on the phone could not grasp the concept that this master cylinder has not actually been used as such , and even if it was put together with a seal round the wrong way , he still reackons it wont be covered by warrantee , the guy was a dick , and told me they only sell the parts , if there is something wrong with it I should take it to safe r brakes, and if they find its incorrectly assembled from manufacturer then it's still my problem not bnt,s . So I will strip it down and try to determine where the problem lies.
What a load of crap BNT on the receipt BNTs problem don't let them get away with that SHIT.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Yea, absolutely.
Imagine buying a TV which turns out to be faulty.
Then the retail seller say, no sorry. Take it up with Samgsung. ( or whoever )
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

torqued wrote:Yea, absolutely.
Imagine buying a TV which turns out to be faulty.
Then the retail seller say, no sorry. Take it up with Samgsung. ( or whoever )
Usually you would turn the TV on in the first 12 months of owning it though? And they would usually repair or replace.

Its a hard one because i know for a fact ive got brand new items that are at least 2years old (waterpumps etc) that i havent used or even opened yet and you would have the same problem i think if trying to get a warranty job out if it upon first fitment.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

Ha, yea. To be honest i only skim read it.
Missed the part about being 12 months old. :D
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

brocky41 wrote:Hopefully just a $2 seal Wal, Although i do see where they are coming from in regards of length of time having the item, it always sucks to get fobbed off.
If it was me you were phoning (not there anymore) I would have got it checked out / fixed by the pro's and then do some kinda deal over costs (if any). Its the "keep everyone happy service".

Cylinders are a real pain from new because most people (not all, but i used to do it) pull a new item out and pump it a few times dry and say to themselves "yip thats a good one, not siezed" lol, and it tears the seals to bits. Almost guarantee - fit new seals, job done.
I definitely fit into the category of the person who pumps it dry a couple of times , it,s weird though because it was bled up and peddle was pumped plenty of times over the 12 months it has been installed, only leaked after driving it.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

Bought a wide band today , looking forward to installing it and hooking it up to the laptop.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Damn we need a like feature on this forum.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Where did you end up getting the wideband from Wal?
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Post by braasmonkey »

Bartman wrote:Damn we need a like feature on this forum.
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread