lukes 1200 ute

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: lukes 1200 ute of going to keep forever-ness

Post by classicdat »

Drama Queen, won't be sorted tomorrow, but nothing too crippling. Looks like a great wee Truck, awesome vehicle, happy motoring.
Wonder if you can find a Parts car, fit brakes, gearbox mounts where Braasy fitted his and cut through all the drama.
Datsuns from A to Zed
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

heres hoping..... :deadhorse: .

unfortuneatley wal is leaving town for 5 weeks and cant quite fit my car in for the rust repairs till he returns, but for the rest of the cruel warrant mans sheet iv ordered 2 tie rod ends from bnt in waterloo road, and tomorrow will buy some cheap stick on reflector tape for the rear. other than that take off a weird bracket for the seat belt and shes all good again. kinda.

the only major issue is gearbox mounts apparently need lvvta cert for being moved back 50mm in the tunnel due to the dogleg 5spd, if i got factory look alike mounts put in..... and fudged a small white lie could i get past this? i dont want to cert till i have an a14/15 in the engine bay if i can help it.

even after that im loving this toy more and more as i drive it. so much fun. :dance2:
1972 1200 coupe KB110
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

hard to find gearbox brackets that look "factory" worse case throw in a 4 speed for WOF, and put 5 speed in with the A14/15 in the near future when you get cert.

You guys must have some cruel WOF inspectors up there in Chch! Inever had a prob getting WOF on my 1200 sedan or the 120Y after upgrading gearboxs & had associated modified X member mounts (4 speed to 5 speed, and auto to 4 speed)
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I've suggested he take it elsewhere.
That fool be tripping to take it where he did.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

Bartman wrote:I've suggested he take it elsewhere.
That fool be tripping to take it where he did.

yes yes. i know.
did you hear back from damon regarding the after 28days rule?
1972 1200 coupe KB110
joelbrown
Financial Member
aka: Joel

Post by joelbrown »

Great to see another ute in the club, what is the reflector tape you speak of for tho?
1990 1200 ute
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

hey man thanks, the reflector tape is because the warrant bloke said i have none inbuilt to my lights as someone has taken it out????? i only have to have 2x 50mm long strips of reflector red on each side of the rear. which im not opposed to anyway as it will make it that little bit more visible.
1972 1200 coupe KB110
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

have very recently sorted a set of struts complete (sorry bart), and a 120y swaybar to boot.

just on the hunt now for s13 brakes setup, were these callipers/disks exclusive to just ca18de/t silvias? surely an early bluebird or the likes must run something the same?

i will get some adapters cut next week seeing as a certain someone has been meaning to get some cut for AGES now but is taking too long :roll:
1972 1200 coupe KB110
Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

I thought it was S13 non-turbo brakes you use.
I actually ended up with R32 brakes, off low spec 4 cylinder skyline I think (it is GS4 or something?)
There are other brake options, but if you want to keep the original 110 Strut setup, and have brakes
that fit inside (most) 14" wheels, then the small late 80's Nissan ones are definately the way to go.
Not to mention they are straight forward to install, with just some minor linishing and machining to
the hubs, and fit longer wheel studs to the datsun hubs (off the nissan setup). There is a tech
thread on all this somewhere, which explains it all step by step.
There are plenty of people on here that know heaps more than me, and will have other ideas.
luke
Datsun Addict

Post by luke »

will keep a sharp eye out!!

ute did a run to oamaru and back this afternoon, ran beautifully the whole way, people really are shocked when u overtake in such a little ute!!

wanting an a15 badly as the other one i thought sorted fell through. but that will have to wait till funds accumulate again as i have completely drained every account to make these two toys progress.
1972 1200 coupe KB110