Pips new project????

all else goes here...
2 doors
Datsun God

Re: Pips new project????

Post by 2 doors »

went and checked this out for Dan, and basically pulled the car apart, couldnt find any plates, warrant slips or any other article that might give a hint of rego no.
even the warrant on the screen was so faded it was un-readable. :( :(
such a cool shape, be a shame if it couldnt be put back on the road.
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

yeah thanks for that Wal,
weve been continuing to investigate it tho.....trying to find plates from another 140J, and trying to contact the NZTA about telling us the plate number, from knowing the chassis number......but apparently, they cant tell anyone that information.....they can only tell the registered owner!!!!
uselsss fuckers
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

somoene at old school was trying to develop a search engine that would search and log all the shit on carjam so that you could find a rego number from the chassis number. (Rather than just from the VIN number) Dunno if he sucseeded though.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

just had an idea, go into vtnz and fill out change of ownership papers using chassis no. claim that you have bought the vehicle and the old owner has lost the plates during restoration ect, and only identity is the chassis tag.
pay your $9 and intstantly know reg no.
dattoboy
Datsun Nutter
aka: Bede

Post by dattoboy »

on the change of ownership paper you have to fill out the rego number though.could that still work?
datsunboy
Datsun God

Post by datsunboy »

right, finally got an email back from NZTA....

I have searched the Motor Vehicle Register (MVR) and have not been able to locate any information using chassis number J710-053472 for the Datsun.
As the photo is not very clear the above chassis numbers may not be correct. To allow us to search the MVR again, you will need to provide the correct chassis number.

The MVR is a Register to record vehicle and owner details. The NZ Transport Agency (NZTA) would have a record of any vehicles still registered during 1995.

In 1995 with the establishment of the current MVR, any vehicle that was not registered at this time was not transferred. These records were retained for 7 years and then discarded.
Wal went and looked at the car, and wrote down the chassis number, and it was correct.
So, it sounds like this car has not had a current Registration since 1995 or before!

so unless you can get plates off another 140J....that ones dead
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

bugger ay, Just go offer them like $100 and say if they are happy to sell it for that then give you a call. It be a good steal for that. You can get get them rereg'd with no history its just more expensive and takes way longer (Wayne said atleast 3 months)
datsunboy
Datsun God

Post by datsunboy »

how do you get it re-registered without history?
whats the rules/process?
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

I'm not sure you'd have to talk to someone who knows more about it but I do know its more difficult. You could ring and ask Wayne Martin I'm pretty sure he know whats involved, he was the one that mentioned it to me, he should atleast be able to put you onto someone who does. He'll probably say don't bother, he's good like that

I would have thought you'd have to go through a similar thing to your coupe as that hadn't been registered in NZ before.
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

Whats the process for re-registering something over there cost wise?

It's just painful? or costly as well?