SFOS trophies

all else goes here...
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: SFOS trophies

Post by Bartman »

I was referring to reusing the akoroa ones for the akoroa cruise. There is no reason why the trophies you made can't be use for another event.
I personally hate the trophy I made for "most improved" and would very much like to have a proper replacement made once this club has been inc'd.
IMHO, I think that the persons who were awarded them have a mandate to retain them indefinatelty. However, thats only my opinion. I had no part in their manufacture, or the judging for thier being awarded. Therefore my opinion is merely my veiw, and nothing more. I think that for you to ask that they be returned to you, then the burden of proof that they were only to be held for a finite peroid of time is up to you to prove.
Since they were part of an event of another club, I also feel you should start a poll at that club's website. many of us still visit there, but the general consencus of that club should be sought. And perhaps be regarded as binding?

If I had a trophy of some kind, awarded for a now defunct event, I wouldn't much feel like giving it back either. Perhaps if you had asked 12 months hence of said event, rather than two and a half years later people might have been more reseptive to the idea........

My 2c.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Post by Blair »

I hear what you are saying Bart.

Just rubs me the wrong way when things get said that dont need to be said. Like I said I just asked.......
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

not sure if its any of my buisness and was going to keep out of this,but I think Bart has somewhat sumed up what my thoughts are, I just couldnt figure out how to put my thoughts in print without seeming judgemental.
Blair
Datsun Nutter

Post by Blair »

Passed on the info to Glen. But I am not holding my breath.

Kinda makes me think that if and I say IF...... Something is started some where else does that mean it belongs to that club or is it a free for all??
Bartman wrote:How can you tell if Blair is annoyed at someone? He's breathing. lol
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Once we are incorperated, I think we'll be ammending the rules pertaining to ownership of any trophies. say, shall remain property of the NZdatsun club inc. (or some such) And maybe say that if (or when) a trophy is replaced, what happens to the old one. Maybe we can nut it out at the AGM.
I was of the understanding that you gifted the ones you made to the DOCNZ, who than in turn awarded them to the recipeints. So as Glenn is the Fuhrer of the DOCNZ, it's really up to him what he choses to do.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Thats sounds fair enough but its all up to the recipents that won the trophies wether they will be giving them back. Ie Hayden has already mentioned he is keeping it then there is John and whereever the guy with the blue Zed from Gore is