R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Darryls 3rd 1200 Coupe

Post by R3spct »

Kitch
Financial Member

Post by Kitch »

Those APC sills look pretty damn good - and $190 delivered??? crikey thats cheap
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Yeah pity they dont fit the coupe, they are for sale if anyone can find a use for them, but i might even just end up cutting the fronts off for mine, as the ones i had made dont have any shape at the front.
nzdatman
Financial Member

Post by nzdatman »

that really sucks! especially if they knowingly misled you into thinking they would fit your coupe. was that APC? I was hoping to get some from them but not so sure now :(
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

More work tonight, used the front of the APC sills and the rest of the zinc coated ones i had folded up. The fit a the rear isnt perfect, but i think it will pull into shape ok.

Ordered a spot weld kit from Eastwood for my Tig welder, and some rustproofing paint and such so i can paint the insides before welding the sills on. I have to make the bottom of the A pillars still as well, not to scarey, then ive got the whole process to do on the other side.

Vents under dash will be a big job, not a massive amount of rust, but some funny shapes to deal with under there.
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Been getting busy, finding very old fibreglass repairs and ripping them out to expose the horror under.

Welded up the trim holes along body, filled a few holes, repaired a dent in rear corner, around tail lights.

4age throttle setup underway, im using the whole intake at this stage, which doesnt look too bad flipped upside down, the major advantages being it has injectors and rail built in, and idle circuit. Just hoping its not too close to the strut tower, but they dont look a whole lot longer than a side draft.

And have a rotisserie being built atm. Anyone else keen on one? Can prob get some more made up if anyone is keen.
twin120ys
Committee Members
aka: Darrell or Cole

Post by twin120ys »

Have sent you a pm about your parts in Masterton
75 120y B210 Sedan
75 120y B210 SSS Sedan Project
77 120y B210 Sedan Project (almost complete!)

75 120y B210 SSS SEDAN (sold)
75 120y B210 SEDAN (sold)
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

Got holes in the rear welded up, no filler atm, all steel, will need a skim to finish off later tho.

Also found my subframe has been modified for an a15 already, but i bought a Ute subframe already lol.

I need some mounts for the a15 block if anyone has any spares, im guessing i need the stock a15 ones.
buzzy
Datsun Driver

Post by buzzy »

Nice work man! I wish I had welding skills!!
R3spct
Datsun Dreamer

Post by R3spct »

buzzy wrote:Nice work man! I wish I had welding skills!!
Cutting holes, making patches, welding in, all super easy (well i dont mind it). Sanding and painting will be the next fun thing to learn. Then will come the fun part of trying to assemble it into a running driving car again!