My 240c coupe build

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: My 240c coupe build

Post by Bartman »

I would definitely talk to Gman and get his input.
Nothing saves money, heartache, and disappointment like talking to those who have been there and done that before!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
deadmaul240c

Post by deadmaul240c »

exactly mate, the more input i can get the better, So i quick update guys ive ground out most of the rust ready to be fixxed just needs to be cut out and patches made :o, um went into RJP and had a bit of a talk and got a great deal on a 4lt of custom red 2k that was made for someone else but they didnt like it, I love it haha and for the well price i cant complain, so i started to sand back the rest of the car with my da was going great untill my compressor shat its self :deadhorse:, so im in need of either a new motor or a whole new compressor then i can get going on the sanding part again.

but im still having problems with getting the car to run Im getting spark ive reset the timing(no timing light :/) getting fuel maybe to much? got compression idk i want to get a electronic dizzy off Ivan and try that just incase the play in the dizzy is pushing my timing out to much idk ? any other gurus willing to lend a hand ? pay in beers ?
H230c 73 240c coupe ,Red
*ma70 88 Turbo A supra, Black
*83 mark II crown
*83 ga14 sentra
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Post by brocky41 »

New plugs and make sure you have the leads round the right way

These L6's will basically not start with even 1 fouled plug
deadmaul240c

Post by deadmaul240c »

Pretty much new plugs were new when i did the points cap rotor coil and condenser have been cleaned and regapped a couple of times now thinking it was that it seamed to fire better with them at .8 rather than 1.1 so there sitting at around.9 atm the firing order is 15 36 24 to young to old just right ? it is fouling the plugs up but ive pulled them all out and tested the spark via grounding it and turning it over and all 6 are getting great spark when not in could i have a grounding problem ? or maybe the points in the regulator box could be fouled ? (just thought of that now + havent checked) its starting to get to me now haha many a wasted night trying to get her going, would be great to hear the mighty l24 spring into life again, might give me some more motivation to do some rust repairs.... :violin:
H230c 73 240c coupe ,Red
*83 mark II crown
*83 ga14 sentra
ozconnection

Post by ozconnection »

...ah, you see, I joined the forum a long time ago.

Keep up the great work Andrew, I hope that seeing my car will inspire you.

Sometimes we just need a little help. :-)

:beer:
"Nissantiques - Join the Club"

1971 Datsun 240C coupe 230 series.
1978 Datsun 280C sedan 330 series.
crownin round

Post by crownin round »

love that little flare on the front guard is that the old one cut and flared oor completely removed and new welded on looking to do something simiar on my sedan
deadmaul240c

Post by deadmaul240c »

haha yeah seeing you 240c was great gives me inspiration to get mine finished tho no rush, and there the factory gaurds theres about 2-3 hours with hammers dollys and a gaurd roller haha ive got some 16x10s and 11" now so i can test fit and see if i need to take them out more, im going to put them on tonight and take a few pics just to update this dieing thread lol
H230c 73 240c coupe ,Red
*83 mark II crown
*83 ga14 sentra
crownin round

Post by crownin round »

god you need to give me a hand doing that sometime. Looking forward to some pics
kiwi__boi

Post by kiwi__boi »

a quick clip of the Resurrection, After months of toying round it is safe to say thee ol L24 lives again, 70,000 od miles on the clock and running as healthy as ever.more pics and vids to come Bring on some rust repairs and a coat of paint, on the road before xmas :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.