SRDATO new non datsun project (still a Nissan)

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Bartman
Committee Members

Re: SRDATO new non datsun project (still a Nissan)

Post by Bartman »

Looking good
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
SRDATO
Financial Member
aka: Nic

Post by SRDATO »

Picked these up last night.
272 degree 10.4 lift Kelford Cams - head needs scoliping around the buckets to allow the larger lobes to rotate.
Also got Kelford springs and a set of Forea valves.
1429842478906.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MADDAT SR20DET 510 - Sold
94 GTR Skyline 580hp money pit
SRDATO
Financial Member

Post by SRDATO »

Not a lot to update. Should have motor back next week so will be back into it, been busy renovating anyway.
Have run the wiring for new fuel pump and while the interior was out I ran some sterio wiring and hooked up a sub and amp I had lying round the garage in the boot for some beats.

Also got manifold strengthen skimmed and HPC coated and few other bits powder coated
received_816105481809118.jpeg
received_816105555142444.jpeg
Also picked up some bling front indicators to replace the orange ones second hand.
received_816105691809097.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SRDATO
Financial Member

Post by SRDATO »

Got motor back, still bare block and head not fitted as I need to check valve to piston clearance before bolting it all together.

Fitted the kelford cams and Tomie cam gears today, sat rocker covers, manifold and turbo on to check the turbo will clear the rocker covers.
2015-06-13 20.57.06.jpg
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Post by b110sss »

My eldest daughter's boyfriend came around last night in an R32GTR that he has just bought from Auckland. Really nice car still running a twin turbo setup albeit different turbos. I believe that it has been dyno'd at over 400kw (atw) and was running 17lb boost. The motor has been built up in Japan supposedly with some very good gear and the car has run 10 second quarter miles. The upshot of all of this was that it is without question the fastest car I have EVER been in- to the point of being ridiculous and scary.The torque and acceleration was something I have never experienced in my life so given what you are doing to yours its going to be one hell of a ride!
Look forward to seeing it finished.
Cheers
Dave
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

b110sss wrote:My eldest daughter's boyfriend came around last night in an R32GTR that he has just bought from Auckland. Really nice car still running a twin turbo setup albeit different turbos. I believe that it has been dyno'd at over 400kw (atw) and was running 17lb boost. The motor has been built up in Japan supposedly with some very good gear and the car has run 10 second quarter miles. The upshot of all of this was that it is without question the fastest car I have EVER been in- to the point of being ridiculous and scary.The torque and acceleration was something I have never experienced in my life so given what you are doing to yours its going to be one hell of a ride!
Cheers
Dave
If my daughter, so ever have a boyfriend with a car like that, he would be told cool car, now take it home and leave it there and come back in something that isn't likely to kill you and my daughter
tlssunny
Financial Member
aka: jesse

Post by tlssunny »

2 doors wrote:
b110sss wrote:My eldest daughter's boyfriend came around last night in an R32GTR that he has just bought from Auckland. Really nice car still running a twin turbo setup albeit different turbos. I believe that it has been dyno'd at over 400kw (atw) and was running 17lb boost. The motor has been built up in Japan supposedly with some very good gear and the car has run 10 second quarter miles. The upshot of all of this was that it is without question the fastest car I have EVER been in- to the point of being ridiculous and scary.The torque and acceleration was something I have never experienced in my life so given what you are doing to yours its going to be one hell of a ride!
Cheers
Dave
If my daughter, so ever have a boyfriend with a car like that, he would be told cool car, now take it home and leave it there and come back in something that isn't likely to kill you and my daughter
good cunt
RDAP- Rakaia Datsun b310 Auto Parts
TLS- The Late Shift Restoration Services
SRDATO
Financial Member

Post by SRDATO »

Cheers
Dave
400kw is some good power! I'm looking for similar power levels. Could go much more with this motor but would become undriveable.
Unfortunately I've hardly driven it so really looking forward to getting behind the wheel.
b110sss
Datsun Dreamer

Post by b110sss »

Yes, good point Wal. Fortunately there is a new HiLux ute for exactly that although I did ask the question what on earth are you going to do with it? He has already put his name down for the next 2 track days which is exactly where it belongs and the only place one can really use that sort of grunt to anything like its full potential. Can't help but get the feeling he's about to open a big, expensive can of worms though....
I'll stick to the 1200!
Cheers
Dave
SRDATO
Financial Member

Post by SRDATO »

Yup when they go bang they go bang and arnt cheap to fix as I've found out. Oil pumps are the number one issue with RB26s from what I've read so if he's planning some track days and that's un touched I'd recomend getting a winged sump, modified oil pump and a cooler onto it to save a world of hurt.