What radiator should i use?

all your DIY needs
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

What radiator should i use?

Post by Datto_610 »

Im trying to sort out my radiator situation before i do my intercooler piping, i got an RB20 radiator off a mate for cheap but its too high by about 50mm, was going to see if a silvia one would be any smaller but i kinda doubt it. What have other people used? Keep in my mind that its being used on a CA that has inlet and outlet on the drivers side. Cheers.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Re: What radiator should i use?

Post by dirtyleppa »

why not try one from a ca powered silvia or 180sx? might be your best option
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

I think I have a catalogue of radiators somewhere that has all the dimensions in it.
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

Core size 360X646X19
http://www.a1radiators.net.nz/index.cfm ... ilvia.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just do what I did, hunt through the a1 radiator section until you find something the size you want, I picked on older stuff that I knew wouldn't have plastic tanks then went trademe/wrecker hunting.
Dattodevil
Datsun Addict
aka: Damo

Post by Dattodevil »

nick_m wrote:Core size 360X646X19
http://www.a1radiators.net.nz/index.cfm ... ilvia.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just do what I did, hunt through the a1 radiator section until you find something the size you want, I picked on older stuff that I knew wouldn't have plastic tanks then went trademe/wrecker hunting.
yeah that's the one, use that, much easier :mrgreen:
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Cant use that one :cry: inlet and outlet need to be on the same side otherwise the pipes will be really long! There is a CA radiator on my watchlist that has the dimensions just need to check if its smaller than my RB one. Also it seems that CA/RB alloy radiators are smaller from top to bottom but the price sure isnt!.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

i agree with nick greg, modern day plastic ones suck. give me an old metal one anyday.

i think i have a vl wagon radiator you could have if that will suit, best thing is that its not plastic
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

it isn't super expensive to have the inlet ports on a radiator swapped over if you find one that is a good size, but that has the hoses in the wrong places.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
datsunboy
Datsun God
aka: Dan

Post by datsunboy »

I got a nice big radiator for my old car custom made......just give them the dimensions e.t.c.
think it was about $300....not too bad considering its brand new and made to fit your car perfectly
1969 SSS Nissan Bluebird coupe
1970 Datsun 1600 - CA18DET - Sold!
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

there was one 2 on that link that had the outlets on the same side. Also check through the other manufacturers as long as its not a plastic tank it is real cheap to get outlets moved around/made a different size etc.
Just have a measure up decide what size you want then go hunt through that catalog link, you'll find something worth pursuing.