LS1 V8 280z

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
SRCooper
Committee Members

Re: LS1 V8 280z

Post by SRCooper »

Well I don't know about you but I think it suits!!!! P.s. it was a good challenge getting it in by my self without scratching it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You wouldn't have that problem with a V8!!!!
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Slowly making more progress. Got the fuel system all sorted today. Also got a nice new windscreen installed over the new year.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DJZ
Datsun God

Post by DJZ »

Good work, who did the windscreen?
Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
Other Nissan 280ZX
Project thread
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Thanks. Novus did it. Actually got it supplied and fitted for free due to a glitch in there system so that was a bonus.
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

After owning the Ls1 for two years now i finally got to hear it start, only for a short blast but still a huge relief it works!!! Hers a link to the video https://www.facebook.com/stewart.cooper ... nref=story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

Dude that is awesome! Such a good feeling hearing that first start up. Sweet flames too haha
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Keeping with the factory looking engine bay i managed to hide a fan in the factory shroud, also turns out the lower radiator hose from the car when trimmed fitted perfectly for the top hose!!!
karljsw
aka: Karljsw

Post by karljsw »

How's this going?, Any updates??
SRCooper
Committee Members

Post by SRCooper »

Sorry for no updates lately, I brought a Hilux over the new year and have been doing a bit on that, doing heaps of 4wding so the fairlady went on hold unfortunately. The main glitch has been the headers, there isnt much room and nothing off the market will ever fit so i guess ive been procrastinating doing it. If anyone in christchurch owns a tig welder i could hire off them would be awesome? I recently did a block course for my apprenticeship on Welding and did a bit of tig so now feel real confident to make them myself just need the parts and welder. I got the hatch on today and passenger door so small things are happening but really need to get onto finishing it.
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

Post by Datto_610 »

If you don't end up making your own headers I highly recommend hitting up Nick Murchison of Motorsport Fabrication Services he does some amazing exhaust work!