Datsun B110 chassis no Id

For all your general datsun ramblings
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Re: Datsun B110 chassis no Id

Post by classicdat »

Mate got back to me with the RX 7 story. It was a rusty regged car, reshelled into a tidy shell. When discovered it was ordered off road, they supplied the tag off the original car to get it revinned and the powers that be took them too, preventing the car going back on the road.
Sorry, but just tread carefully, you are at their Mersey.
Datsuns from A to Zed
buzzy
Datsun Driver

Post by buzzy »

Had any luck getting it back on the road man?
240znz
Financial Member
aka: James

Post by 240znz »

Just read this thread and although I have no useful additional information or experiance in such issues, I just wanted to wish you good luck in figuring this out. Keep at it and don't let the bastards drag you down!
Herby

Post by Herby »

Hi all, Am still collecting info, talked to Nissan Australia but same as Nissan NZ they hold no records prior to early 90s.
Also talked to Maddat guys in South Australia but the have no info either.
As stated before our plate has the correct engine no for our vehicle but not the chassis number !
We have carefully inspected our plate under a powerfull magnifying glass and it shows no signs of over stamping of the numbers.
So if our plate is original and the engine no on it matches that on the ownership papers
It must have been like that from new !
As you can also see our chassis and engine numbers are quite close to the Aust plates numbers.
In the 70s I worked at a GM dealership and I know that back then some NZ dealers imported brand new vehicles directly themselves and on sold them here.
Is this the case with ours??
And if so how do we prove it !! .....
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

John Daily who owns JD motors in CHCH (He has a very tidy 1200 SSS) Used to work for Tench bros nissan Back when they were new. Perhaps talk to him and see if he has any advise?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Herby

Post by Herby »

Thanks will give him a call
68p510sss
Regular
aka: Andrewj

Post by 68p510sss »

Have been following with interest and wish you well. I agree that it appears to be a stuff up from new. I would also expect if it was an Aussie car it would have had an Aussie chassis plate. I will send you a pm with contact details of an old friend who rallyed a 1200 and was a Datsun salesman around that time. While I have every sympathy for your predicament we must all be mindful that the system hopefully reduces the victims of grime. Best wishes
70 510 rally car rebuilt and prepared as a classic race car
68 510 sss, retired rally car, currently a bare shell being restored
72 510 sss, awaiting restoration
72 510 sss, retired race car back on the road sold to my son
Herby

Post by Herby »

Thanks again,will keep all posted.
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

I'm convinced it's a stuff up from when it was new, it's a nz plate it's got the correct engine no, it hasn't been stamped over, my guess is the kid on stamp duty that day confused the paperwork, and stamped the Aussie no into it ,wonder how many other cars got done that way before someone picked up on it.
85_Z31
Datsun Master

Post by 85_Z31 »

Hi Herbert

I have written your letter on behalf of the committee, Warwick has access to this to review, all in order we can send you the final version in the morning,

i have put a good few hours into it and i really do hope everybodys efforts help to resolve your situation.

Regards

James
The Answer to your Question is NEEDS MORE VG30