sr20ve datsun 1600

For all your general datsun ramblings
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

sr20ve datsun 1600

Post by nick_m »

One of the guys I know through the VE forums has just sold his motor.
This was the Kelford cams development motor that the owner worked with kelford to help develop there big boy VE cams. The head was built by kelford (Stage 1 P&P cams installed and shimmed) and the motor buttoned together by reg cook. Anyway he's just sold it (and unfortunately I didn't have the money to buy it, i'm sure i'll regret this for ever more!) to a guy who owns a sr20det 1600. His name is Lance from Mt Manganui?. Anyway I believe its going into a 1600 track car. I asked him to pass on the forums details to him so hopefully next week some time we'll be able to meet him, see some pics. I can't wait! (I know i'm probably the only sr20vephile on here but still)

Also this motor made 152kw at the wheels, with room for improvement in the intake and exhaust manifolds! (standard IM and modified off the shelf Exhaust Manifold)
Thats without a turbo people ;)

I love NA
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Re: sr20ve datsun 1600

Post by Godzilladat »

Your not the only one Nick, any other specs on the motor?

Is it a stock head (apart from cams)? and what injectors was he running?

can't wait to see some pics and more info.
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Nah head had work done. It was Kelfords "stage 1", which is stock sized valves with a kelford 3 or 5 angle cut and a little port work nothing serious. From the pictures looks like most of attention has been fixing the core shift from casting (which can vary from pretty good to just crap) and apparently they add a little taper to the exhaust port, intake port they more or less leave since they are HUGE (too big actually)
Injectors, i'm not sure I think he was running s15 turbo injectors, 370's ( I think anyway could find out for you if you really want)
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

NA rules HARD :thumbsup:

152kw from an NA sr20 is fucking epic. pics a must
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I'm gonna be a party pooper. If you poured the same amount of time/energy into a DET motor, how much power would that have made?
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

its not the power made but the fact that an NA motor can make that power. also the way it makes it as well as the sound
mint16
Financial Member
aka: Brendan

Post by mint16 »

people have doubted me that i cant make 150kw atw from my sr20de NA build...

and heres a motor that is only mildly worked making 150kw atw, and i know of s13 sr20de making the same with mild cams and mild headwork and throttle bodies.
72 Datsun 1200 Wagon
86 Toyota AE85 Trueno 4AGE ITB
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Bartman wrote:I'm gonna be a party pooper. If you poured the same amount of time/energy into a DET motor, how much power would that have made?
Yeah yeah yeah. We all know turbo's make more power than non turbo's. You try to get me to make a blown sr20ve everytime we're on the piss!
The point of this motor is clearly missed on you :lol:

Also with racing a turbo will more than often puts you in the more expensive/competitive class. I'd dare say a sr20ve 1600 would own its class
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

yeah but even if you get a gold medal at the special olympics, youre still retarded! :P
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

re tard is NOT a bad word LOL :lol: