R31 Skyline rear caliper mounts

Need a new Datsun? or some parts to help your project?
Datto_610
Datsun God
aka: Greg

R31 Skyline rear caliper mounts

Post by Datto_610 »

As title states, anyone got a pair??? really really want some so i can finish off my rear end, and dont want to fork out big $$$ for some from Datsport. Cheers.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Re: R31 Skyline rear caliper mounts

Post by Datto_610 »

Anybody?!?!?!?!?!??????
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

I was just about say I'd ship you a pair for cheap, but then I checked the datsport website and they are only charging $36 for a pair of mounts, i'm wondering if this is a typo? http://datsport.com/Rear_brake_conversions.html
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

If you work out what you need, you could get some laser cut pretty cheap.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Godzilladat wrote:I was just about say I'd ship you a pair for cheap, but then I checked the datsport website and they are only charging $36 for a pair of mounts, i'm wondering if this is a typo? http://datsport.com/Rear_brake_conversions.html
Na those ones are the weld on brackets, im after a set of bolt on ones. Which are $248 AUD from Datsport.
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

Those bolt on ones for $248 are for the 290mm Z31 rotors. Whats wrong with welding the others on? you could always grind them off if you wanted to upgrade later.

Either way, I can send you a set of stock R31 rear caliper mounts if you get stuck.
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I was looking at pictures of dans rear caliper mounts, on his old 510. I don't really like the whole welded thing. I might look into making some out of really thick plate, and having the recess for the caliper milled into it.
BUT, if you're sending stuff over Martin, whats the availability of R30 champion flanges over there? I can't even remember the last time I saw one driving, much less being wrecked......
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Can you get the stock ones Martin??
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

Bartman wrote:I was looking at pictures of dans rear caliper mounts, on his old 510. I don't really like the whole welded thing. I might look into making some out of really thick plate, and having the recess for the caliper milled into it.
BUT, if you're sending stuff over Martin, whats the availability of R30 champion flanges over there? I can't even remember the last time I saw one driving, much less being wrecked......
The datsport ones mount the same as the stock R31 mounts, he just recommends running a weld along the edge. You dont need to jig them up or anything, so you know they are going to be straight with the rotor.

Not many R30's left at all i'm afraid Bart, and if they are at wreckers, they are a bitch to pull the flanges off with the trailing arm on the car. I haven't been to a wreckers in over a year, sorry dude.
Datto_610 wrote:Can you get the stock ones Martin??
I think my brother has a few sets, I'm sure he'd sell a set if you were interested. Otherwise forum.r31skylineclub.com is a good source.
Datto_610
Datsun God

Post by Datto_610 »

Very interested!