Nick 1200 sedan Race car - Shit this things needs finishing

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
cheater_5
Datsun Dreamer

Re: Nick 1200 sedan

Post by cheater_5 »

hold up hold up
My car isn't very low, it's super high in the rear and it really needs to come down another inch and a half all round. I take it over 70% of speedbumps fine. I daily it and it goes anywhere I want to go (except some parts of uni). Not keen to clog up your thread nick but it is SR stuff I suppose. I think it would work like nick says, just mount it up higher and possibly chop some bracing from the underside of the bonnet if necessary and fit a sump/bellhousing gaurd.
A mate of mine has almost finished his SR20DE into 1600 and it goes bloody well, I can only imagine what it would be like in a 1200. Fun.

Lip's looking good too dude
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

Thats promising to know.
I know what you mean about the rear, i'd like to drop mine another inch or so in the rear but I only have about 50mm travel to the bump stop as it is.
I might looking into getting a custom bump stop made thats a lower profile so I can get it a little lower. But there's more pressing issues for the moment

hit me up when your ready to drop your ute off for the sr treatment
cheater_5
Datsun Dreamer

Post by cheater_5 »

hey nick
Do me a favour please and take a photo from the underside to show the sump relative to the xmember and the gearbox in the tunnel. Also an overview shot of the tunnel from the inside. kthanks
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

overview shot of the tunnel? Theres a picture from earlier in the thread of the tunnel looking in through the rear window? Keep in mind that my tunnel is bigger than in needs to be a) because the motor is set back a bit in needs to be bigger at the firewall because the widest part of the motor (bellhousing) now sits behind the firewall and b) the back half is bigger than it needs to be because I fucked it up the first time due to be pretty new to modifying and had to cut out more. The tunnel wouldn't have to be any bigger really than the ca converted cars if you were keeping it up and forward of the firewall.

I still haven't found my camera due to not really having time to look but monday night when I got home from course I climbed under and measured and the sump hangs approx 25mm below cross member and i've notched the cross member approx 30mm so with an uncut cross member i'd say its possible to get it level with the bottom of the cross member
Definitely doable
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

volodkovich
Regular

Post by volodkovich »

How fucking bad. 13s are the only way.
WhitleyTune - Bespoke Camshaft, Valvetrain & Aluminium casting
cheater_5
Datsun Dreamer

Post by cheater_5 »

volodkovich wrote:13s are the only way.
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

volodkovich wrote:How fucking bad. 13s are the only way.

yeah.
You need these FCR's bitch
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

cheater_5 wrote:
volodkovich wrote:13s are only gay.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Bartman wrote:
cheater_5 wrote:
volodkovich wrote:Bart is gay.