Datsun 410 conversion

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Re: Datsun 410 conversion

Post by DylPhil7 »

/
Last edited by DylPhil7 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeremiahnz
Datsun Driver

Post by jeremiahnz »

I am going with an A15 in my 410 to keep it somewhat of the era and avoid cutting the beast up.

As mentioned before the sump is interesting in these things because the cross member sits quite far forward and is quite thick and then the steering rack sits quite close to it. Have a look in my build thread at the picture of the E1 engine coming out and you can see the funny little sump. You can cut and modify sumps but I am not sure where the pickups are on the RB or SR motors, but it is worth thinking about before committing to a course of action.

They are also quite a narrow engine bay.

It is all doable, but from my experience with my one, you shouldn't expect any easy options like finding bolt up conversions from other vehicles, like just swapping a cross member and bolting an engine in. So really it is just custom work for anything. Not a big issue, just not likely to find a couple of $100 bits an pieces on trademe to do it.
1965 Bluebird 410
1976 Yamaha RD50
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

MR1200 - no haters here man, i for 1 would love to see a crazy RB build in such a cool old car. its just the logistics of the job need to be realised before something like that is attempted. no point running into it and finding out later that you have hacked the car to bits unnecessarily
Godzilladat
Datsun Nutter

Post by Godzilladat »

A rotary actually makes sense for fitment wise due to size etc.

A15 with some good stuff makes more sense though.

Problem with an SR20 is that you will need to cut the bonnet as the rocker cover will be to high.
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

It will be some kid on school holidays with a "fast fours and rotory" mag in hand. lock and forget thread imo
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."