Johns cedric sgle

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
skdmrx
Financial Member

Re: Johns cedric sgle

Post by skdmrx »

Im still stumped on wheels for this thing,I like the ones on it but they need more dish,street fins are awsome but then my car would be almost identical to this one...
...awsome car but,I dont want mine to be axactly the same.Then there are these..
These are what im leaning towards at the moment,because of the dish 15X8 -14 and watanabes are a classic(can anyone confirm these are genuine? http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... 77007268it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; doesnt say watanabe in the auction...)I just hope they dont make the car look to old.On the other hand heres a modern wheel that will make some of you cringe but I kinda like...
Good thing about the watanabes is that id have to re engineer the diff and front hubs to fit them(which would suck)but after id done that I could fit almost any wheel I wanted.

So what do you guys think?it a huge car,are 15's to small?(the street fins in the top pic are 15's).Watanabes look to old?rays engineering lmgt4's to same old same old?

Wheels make the car and this shit is keeping me up at night! :violin:
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
cheese910
Datsun Nutter

Post by cheese910 »

I love those wannabes i suggested for you

they won't be too small, Though would be happy if you put 13"s on it :P

with that style/age of car you'll ruin the look/style of it if you put anything bigger than a 15" wheel on it and you won't achive the look you are going for.

Street fins would be wicked. that other car is awesome, its not that your copying it, its that your both doing it right if your car ends up looking similar.
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

cheese910 wrote: they won't be too small, Though would be happy if you put 13"s on it :P

with that style/age of car you'll ruin the look/style of it if you put anything bigger than a 15" wheel on it and you won't achive the look you are going for.
Then again a 17 inch or a 16 if you find some, might look really nice too as that would tuck REALLY nicely and its a big car. i would think anything smaller that 15s would look a bit funny
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

These:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 261118.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My orangatang 510 here.
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

gingofthesouth wrote:These:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 261118.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dont hate more for this man, but :cry: just my opinion.

watanabes make me hard in my pants. that would be my choice. the LM GT4s are sweet, but not too sure on them on your car
fast4motion
Datsun Dreamer
aka: Brent

Post by fast4motion »

What about these?
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Thats uber cool!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
MR1200
Datsun Nutter

Post by MR1200 »

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk yus
PAINT THE ROADS BLACK !!!!!
cheese910
Datsun Nutter

Post by cheese910 »

Dyl Phill wrote:Then again a 17 inch or a 16 if you find some, might look really nice too as that would tuck REALLY nicely and its a big car. i would think anything smaller that 15s would look a bit funny
I find tuck disgusting
poke all the way

im looking for a picture to prove my point but i can't find it, i'll post it latter

for now here is some poke on a x3

Also these http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 61118.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; are so fake and nasty and brittle looking, sorry dude.

proper japanese proper stiled wheels or you won't achieve this:
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Those trademe wheels in theory should be bad ass but are not. Loving the red toyota and it even has the same tail lights as mine and 2x extra doors. I should remove the blankets and post some pics of it.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500