Johns cedric sgle

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
skdmrx
Financial Member

Re: Johns cedric sgle

Post by skdmrx »

Gonna try to run 8.5j and 7.5j cant go any wider on the rear coz they have to tuck

Turns out sedan and hardtop windscreens are diffrent.F..U..C..K So since no one can find a hardtop windscreen anywhere my windscreen is off to vietnam to be used to make a mould off so they can make another one.Should be about 2 months away.Pain in the arse :deadhorse:
"You make onry one car style!!"
I felt particularly exhausted all my sheet is not subjective
160jsss
Financial Member

Post by 160jsss »

Hi might be to late but did you call Steiger Glass my bro inlaw works there his name is Lee reckoneds he can get glass for most cars
Violet - ??????
kolonelklink

Post by kolonelklink »

John... are you sure on this?
I called my brother about this and apparently there is no mention of different part numbers between 2 door and 4 door 330's in his super manual thing lol... I would be suspicious that the hardtop 2door would have the same windscreen as the 4 door hardtop.
Where is this information coming from?
I'll look into this further but given that the trim is interchangable i had previously assumed the windscreens were too.

Always good to know stuff like this.

P.s. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks... i havent done photos yet but big things are about to start happening on my thread :fire:
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

160jsss wrote:Hi might be to late but did you call Steiger Glass my bro inlaw works there his name is Lee reckoneds he can get glass for most cars
No,I didnt try them but this isnt gonna cost to much.Its just a pain about the wait.

Yep im sure :( Theyre about 10mm diffrent,I pulled the one out of the sedan and tryed it in the hardtop myself...no good.The glass place had a diffrent listing for sedan/hardtop but couldnt get the hardtop glass.

Dattochrisswagon and others take note,heres Petes badarse 2 door hard top project

http://ozdat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f= ... 7&start=45
2 doors
Datsun God

Post by 2 doors »

I hope the pricks that sand blasted the old one are going to foot the bill :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :guns: assholes
kolonelklink

Post by kolonelklink »

Thanks for the tip :)
Can i ask how much its costing? I might be interested in one or two as well - esp if it saves money doing a job lot
Also... Are you running a sway bar? I'm looking at getting an OS one fabbed up atm if i can't find anything big enough... obviously probably not applicable given your front member redesign- moreso just curious what you were doing with front-end torsion forces.

Cheers,
Pete
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

skdmrx wrote: since no one can find a hardtop windscreen anywhere my windscreen is off to vietnam to be used to make a mould off so they can make another one.Should be about 2 months away.Pain in the arse :deadhorse:
Your windscreen has been in Nam' ? Thats awesome 8-)
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

This car makes me hard.The quality of the build is refreshing.
My orangatang 510 here.
1337cookie
aka: Buddy

Post by 1337cookie »

So uh whats the other *Cough* subframe *cough* coming out of? for the IRS I assume
skdmrx
Financial Member

Post by skdmrx »

kolonelklink wrote:Thanks for the tip :)
Can i ask how much its costing? I might be interested in one or two as well - esp if it saves money doing a job lot
Also... Are you running a sway bar? I'm looking at getting an OS one fabbed up atm if i can't find anything big enough... obviously probably not applicable given your front member redesign- moreso just curious what you were doing with front-end torsion forces.
Yep I will be running front and rear anti sway bars had the front one made from scratch and the rear was modified factory,the car is never gona have world beating handleing so theyre nothing special.I'm not 100% sure on the price yet but I'll PM you when I find out.
1337cookie wrote:So uh whats the other *Cough* subframe *cough* coming out of? for the IRS I assume
You heard that rumor aswell did you?Prob something custom and tubular like the front using s13 or r32 hubs etc

Yea Flauski its gonna be an angry nam vet by the time I get it :guns: :gun: :guns: