Quake in Christchurch

For all your general datsun ramblings
braasmonkey
Site Admin
aka: Braasy

Re: Quake in Christchurch

Post by braasmonkey »

I am heading back to Christchurch this Sunday from an extended stay in Sydney. Looking forward to finally seeing my family and friends after a couple of weeks, but not the death, destruction and lack of power and water. Trust everyone is still well and may catch up with a few of you upon my return. Good on you all for staying strong and great to know we have such an awesome community!
1972 DATSUN 1200 (B110) 4 DOOR SEDAN << Check Out My Build Thread
1972 DATSUN 240Z (S30) 2 DOOR COUPE << Check Out My Build Thread
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I'm at a mates on his puter, and gonna have a wash. had my 1st wash since monday last night. (Thanks adam)
My family and I are all good. dads house got lots of silt. My brother was in transit to invercargil for the track cycling nationals. he txt me and said he felt it strongly from waimati. there is lots of silt around my house, but thank fuck none on my property. Mums has a bit though.
I spend wednesday helping the fire service, and I got to see around parts of teh CBD. It's been pretty much destroyed. I still have no power water, or phone, so Ive seen no TV. But seeing what I saw with mu own eyes only 18 hrs after the shake was sureal to say the least. I've spent every day since driving a loader cleaning up the fucking mountains of silt thatb have spewed out of the earth. Tracey is working 2 til 10 at the art gallery, helping with the admin side of the recovery effort. So I'm doing all the hours I can to avoid having to sit alone in the dark with my transistor radio, waiting for the next aftershock.

It may sound cleche' as fuck, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
So I'm gonna keep on keeping on.
I look forward to seeing you all again after life begins to return to some sence of normaility. untill then, keep one trucking people .
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil

Post by DylPhil7 »

mum and i made up 28 kids lunch packs/family packs and toiletries be down there tomo
:D
KSpatz
Regular
aka: Kristin

Post by KSpatz »

Good on you guys for actively helping out! It's a shame they can't use my fish skills lol, guess I'll just keep going to work.

Just a thought, maybe we should overshadow bad memories with good, and have a small cruise when things settle down, unless there's another regular one coming up soon. Maybe just to Ashburton or Kaikoura or wherever. I'd say have a party at my place, but I think that's actually closer to the CBD than most of the club, though we've got power/water here, Riccarton's a ROCK woo...

Keep on Truckin' :)
1985 300zx T-top all original
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

My power just came back on!
I heard the fridge and freezer start up, and tickety-boo! I'm back in bizo be-arches! Woo hoo!
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

no more warm bourbons!!!
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

I've been working too long and hard to worry about getting otp.
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

Its ok bart after you get through this i'm sure I can shout you a few bourbons. I always keep an eye out for you cause I know your out there working your ass for us!