NEW CHANGES TO PUTTING REGISTRATION ON HOLD

all else goes here...
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Re: NEW CHANGES TO PUTTING REGISTRATION ON HOLD

Post by gingofthesouth »

Bartman wrote:System wont work.
NO warrant man will issue a wof to a car with no plates.
Good point. Some of the old Datttos (and other old buggers) wont even have a vin plate...

And yeah its merky I agree...
My orangatang 510 here.
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

gingofthesouth wrote:
Bartman wrote:System wont work.
NO warrant man will issue a wof to a car with no plates.
Good point. Some of the old Datttos (and other old buggers) wont even have a vin plate...

And yeah its merky I agree...
And they also need to have the rego slip too. Thats what my wof man said while we were checking the handful of body tags to match my car.
Maybe they will ask for plates if people get wofs but the car sits on hold.
They should know we are kiwis and all have project cars x5
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
nzeder
Regular

Post by nzeder »

gingofthesouth wrote:OT, but whats your core skillset? (networking, hardware, software dev, DB admin etc).
Well I could say it all - as I have done it all over the years apart from software dev, ok I write scripts and HTA apps for Admin tasks or if a users needs a custom app that is nice and small. But these days networking, tech research (what direction should my employer take form MIS stand point), security, dns and smtp, AD, Linux blah blah lots and lots really. You know Jack of all trades master at none lol

Now I know why you wanted the header - I will check my deleted mail.......no I cleared it out already - I don't keep my personal email very long :(
76 RS30 260z road
73 RS30 260z track
Previous
70 HS30-00016 240z
72 HS30 240z 2.8 track
71 HS30 240z 3.2 road/track
79 HS130 280zx
82 HS130 280zx T top
2x 73 KP710 160JSSS
74 KB210 120Y Coupe
71 510 1600 Deluxe
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

well this is yet another website creating hysteria amongst classic car owners.

read the way this is worded:
"allowing the NZ Transport Agency to require people to surrender licence plates when putting their licensing on hold or to decline an application to put licensing on hold when a person has abused this right in the past."

Key word = allowing , no mention of mandatory or compulsory. Logistically this is never going to happen. They don't have the means to have a large storage shed full of plates and records to ensure the right plate goes back to the right person.

At this point in the game all this is a hair brain IDEA and nothing more.

Take this in context, he is talking about people abusing the on hold registration ie drive around with license on hold NOT people who legitimately put registration on hold to make repairs etc.

Secondly Ministers cannot just write something into law because they came up with it and they are the minister in charge. This is the process when creating/changing law in NZ:

http://www.decisionmaker.co.nz/guide200 ... llact.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In other words , a truck load of hoops before its final. Its not a hot public interest topic either (like the anti smacking, boy racer, clayton weatherston I did it because she provoked me stuff) which means it can take years.

Moral is , don't believe everything you read. :deadhorse:
torqued
Datsun God
aka: Adam

Post by torqued »

nzeder wrote:
gingofthesouth wrote:OT, but whats your core skillset? (networking, hardware, software dev, DB admin etc).
Well I could say it all - as I have done it all over the years apart from software dev, ok I write scripts and HTA apps for Admin tasks or if a users needs a custom app that is nice and small. But these days networking, tech research (what direction should my employer take form MIS stand point), security, dns and smtp, AD, Linux blah blah lots and lots really. You know Jack of all trades master at none lol

Now I know why you wanted the header - I will check my deleted mail.......no I cleared it out already - I don't keep my personal email very long :(
"It's ok, we know what to do...we talked about this a lot on the internet."
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats exactly it right derr.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

The number of people who bother to put their rego on hold and then drive the vehicle must be minute compared to the number that just don't bother; Don't bother changing ownership, don't bother getting a Wof, don't bother registering, don't bother getting a licence, don't bother getting insurance... etc, etc, etc. Great to see the great bureaucratic system has found a way to deal with problems like these by making it possible for them in the future to remove our valued Black plates because we are restoring a piece of NZ History. That should teach us all!
Datsuns from A to Zed
gingofthesouth
Site Admin
aka: Ging

Post by gingofthesouth »

torqued wrote:
I am sorry but that guy is WAAAAAAY too tanned to be a computer programmer. :P
My orangatang 510 here.
DylPhil7
Financial Member
aka: DylPhil