Taupo run at labour weekend

For all your general datsun ramblings
Rogie

Taupo run at labour weekend

Post by Rogie »

Hi, wondered if you can give me more details re run at Labour weekend in Taupo?? What, where, when, who etc. Cheers, thanks
Tristan
aka: Tristan

Re: Taupo run at labour weekend

Post by Tristan »

I have been trying to find out about this too but have not been able to find any info. Hopefully someone knows about it
VB110 1200 Wagon
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

This is probably because the NZ Datsun Nationals (we are calling it this now, correct?) are down in Christchurch/Akaroa over the same weekend, so quite a few people from the North Island make the trip down to that. I went down last year, and will be making the trip again this year so long as there is no major reason not to. I would highly recommend it if you can go.

There will be people who know the details of the Taupo cruise on this forum, just not as many that know about the Akaroa cruise ;)
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Im thinking of heading down south for this. Car is running like a dream and would like to show face.
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Look forward to seeing your face!
Datsuns from A to Zed
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Bingo.
Datsun Nationals are @ Akaroa!

I know the committee is working on a possible discount for the ferry trip for North Islanders. Im sure Bart can confirm this.

Stoked to hear that your coming back Mike, And that your coming down for your first one Kane!

Flauski is coming too. So thats 3 confirmed North Islanders

As for accomadation. We are all pretty welcoming. ive had datsun strangers stay at my place evry year of the cruise. Ive got Tony staying this year but imsure there are plenty of others willing to give up a bed.
crustywhip
Datsun Addict
aka: Kane

Post by crustywhip »

Im considering flying and driving so discount ferry will be helpful. All I need is shelter and Im sweet. That us Dyl?
Current whips: 1976 120y datsun van-1977 JZX31 toyopet markII coupe-1984 Toyota markII supercharged -Yamaharley XV 500
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

Usually the Taupo meet is organised on another website.

I'd still hope that someone will step up and offer to organise a taupo meet. (The old forums webmaster has decided to leave the country)
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
Tristan
aka: Tristan

Post by Tristan »

Thanks for all the info, I knew that the Nationals were In Akaroa at the same time and I am keen to be there I just dont think I can scrape together the $$$$ to get there so Taupo seemed like a cheaper option also i can drive to Taupo I dont know if the 1200 would make it to Akaroa and back! I guess I should get my shit together and start saving it is the nationals after all.
VB110 1200 Wagon
Mikewazowski
Financial Member
aka: Michael

Post by Mikewazowski »

Tristan wrote:I dont know if the 1200 would make it to Akaroa and back! I guess I should get my shit together and start saving it is the nationals after all.
You won't know unless you try!
If you head down for it you definitely won't regret it. Such an awesome weekend. The drive down is sweet as well if you haven't done it (I hadn't).