Z18ET Head gasket problems!

all your DIY needs
Kanos

Re: Z18ET Head gasket problems!

Post by Kanos »

sssx wrote:http://www.nzdatsun.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=672
did you buy the engine out of this?
This is my car haha. Bought it off him about 6months ago I think? Awesome guy.

Might give Shuk engineering a go, they look like they know what they're doing.

I reassembled the engine with the semi incorrect head gasket. Seems to be alright but I've lowered the boost down to 10psi for the time being. Hopefully she holds out until I get a better gasket!
Not keen to deal with that timing chain and sprocket again...what a mission. At least I have the home made special tool to wedge the chain if anyone needs it :lol: created from some lovely deck off-cut. And it's specified by Nissan too (well, not made out of deck timber).
sssx
Regular
aka: adrian

Post by sssx »

oh lol mega jealous of your engine specs!
have you done anything about the wheels, ride height and lack of front bumper? that things just begging for sweet wheels and slam. such a tidy body
Kanos

Post by Kanos »

I have the front bumper, but is definate need of work...it needs it badly though to even out the car.
Lowering the car I'm not sure :? Previous owner is unsure of what type of aftermarket spring is in the car so not sure whether to go for some super lower king springs, go all out and get s13 adjusties, or the many suspension options I've heard about (r32 back shocks, n14 super lows in front etc).
Wheels, don't really mind them tbh. Haven't seen anyone else rocking them so I'm satisfied with that :D
Kanos

Post by Kanos »

Update - I got the headgasket from japan fiiiiiiiinally, after being on back order and then coming from Aussie for some reason.
And it's the perfect size too with some meaty rings around the bores :evil: ah well, just shows to go genuine rather than aftermarkey!