Nick 1200 sedan Race car - Shit this things needs finishing

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
brocky41
Financial Member
aka: Brocky

Re: Nick 1200 sedan

Post by brocky41 »

Good going Nick - i cant make out what that is on the side of your engine - its too shiney 8-) :geek: 8-)
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

haha its not as shiny as it looks in the pictures its a combination of cheap camera and the fact the motor was outside in 28deg weather sitting directly in the sun haha
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Been building me a jungle gym lately.
Nearly finished, one door bar to finish and then its just through to the strut towers. Thats going to be cunty
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Yeah buddy! Looking sweet!
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

Cage is tantilisingly close to being finished, Was hoping to have it finsihed by the end of today but I got arc eye. It is gay, I dont recommend it to anyone!

Still have anohter week of holiday left so should be finished by the end of holidays. Should get the Pedal box mounted too.

Also had a wee set back. Was hoping to run an altezza box with some s15 6 speed bits to mate it to the sr, as the are the "same" box made by aisin. Turns out internally they are the same . The castings are different enough to be a pain. I.E mostly bolt up. So that needs to be sold and a new box sourced. Probably end up just saving up and getting a s15 6 speed
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

Ouch Arch Eye, not nice, but build is looking great! Love the cage, are you going to tie it into the shell at the pillars etc?
Datsuns from A to Zed
Flauski
Financial Member

Post by Flauski »

I remember the day I got Arch eye, watched someone weld (knowing I shouldn't but not the actual consequences)

Freakin hurt like hell hours later and I could not even open my eyes.

That cage is INTENSE!!!!
nick_m
Datsun Master

Post by nick_m »

classicdat wrote:Ouch Arch Eye, not nice, but build is looking great! Love the cage, are you going to tie it into the shell at the pillars etc?
Yeah not fun. Much better this morning, hopefully be able to do some welding again wednesday

Yeah ill tie the cage into the a pillar and also add a tab to the gusset bar that bolts to the upper seat belt mount. Also through to the strut towers

What do you guys reckon on one bar through to each strut tower vs two to each? Was intially going to do two but it was such a pain to weld the bottom bar of the door x on the a pillar side (how I got arc eye too!) that im thinking of just doing one thru to the tower

Here is where its at the moment. maybe another day or so work to finish att eh little bits and pieces

Went pretty all out on the cage. I wanted it strong. Im only 80kg and 6 ft but I feel a lot bigger than that sitting in a 1200! If I am unlucky enough to have a big crash I want to stay in one piece. haha
kobyn
Datsun Mad

Nick 1200 sedan

Post by kobyn »

Nice work thea i reckond u go two bars 2 each strut more bars the better i say. Datsuns look heaps tougher with a cage good 2 see .

Sent from my iPhone touch using Tapatalk
classicdat
Committee Members
aka: Vaughan

Post by classicdat »

2 bars will give you triangulation, but it is really tight in the wheel arch, foot well area, has Korbyn got a photo of what they did on his?
Datsuns from A to Zed