Looking for Datsuns with a racing history to profile

For all your general datsun ramblings
veetwin

Re: Looking for Datsuns with a racing history to profile

Post by veetwin »

Yes, Trevor's car was quick. It was an OSCA car however, not a Shellsport Car- different rules with the OSCA regulations being more liberal. Here is a picture of that car behind mine.

PS. Trevor was a great Driver, and also very quick in a rally car (I should know!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dattochriswagon
Datsun God

Post by Dattochriswagon »

Wow! I love seeing these old pictures from the heyday of datsun motorsport!
veetwin

Post by veetwin »

For those of you that commented on the other photos in the introduce yourself thread, here are some other photos of my old Shellsport car. In plain white is the first time it raced at Pukekohe. it was half finished and had standard suspension ( this car would eventually go 4 seconds a lap quicker than this meeting!). Bumble Bee colours, second ever race meeting at Baypark with pole position and the lap record. the cars first win. In blue with Eastern Tool co and Shell sponsorship. It won the Shellsport Championship this year as well as the following year. This may or may not have sparked the reason Datsun brought out "The Cherry" to race in this series.
At the end of the season I asked the MD of Nissan Datsun NZ what was happening with the Cherry. He told me that there was no plans to race it again at that time. I asked him could I have it to race if Reg Cook wasn't going to. He agreed, but would need to find out RC's plans. Of course Reg Cook retained the car the next year. I don't suppose he would want to lose the car to another competitor. understandable!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
veetwin

Post by veetwin »

I also raced a Datsun 1600, starting when I was still at school. These were great cars!!
dirtyleppa
Datsun God
aka: leppa

Post by dirtyleppa »

heres dom's video he made. pretty damn good

http://vimeo.com/30831982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;