my next project datsun 1200 ute (started)

Show everyone your mean datto projects/rides
Evil13
Financial Member
aka: kane

Re: my next project datsun 1200 ute (started)

Post by Evil13 »

nick_m wrote:H165 should handle a sr20de fine, they are pretty strong. just a little difficult to find LSDs for thats all.
sorry not with all the datsun numbers and models yet so is h165 the factory ute diff? what are like like with burnouts eg doing a gymkana and skidding around cones? didnt even know lsd's for them were avalible
1200 sedan

1961 ford galaxie
nick_m
Datsun Master
aka: Nick m

Post by nick_m »

The factory ute diff (assuming its still there, they quite often get robbed to put in sedans or coupes) is an H165. Nismo do a H165 LSD but are rare and expensive, There is a guy in oz who makes a torsen LSD for a bit cheaper or people make AE86 LSDs fit
By all accounts they are pretty strong, people in oz run them behind ca18dets for road cars and Damon runs a decent a15 with a h165 and Torsen LSD and he absolutely beat on that thing ALL the time haha
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

The H165 isn't unbreakable. But I've run the torque of a supercharged A15 through mine for a good while now. And it's not yet let go. I drove up to the north island last may, and did a gymkhana (And let dirty leppa enter in my car too) without fear of it going BANG!!!!! (But the noise from a flat spotted tyre did have me shitting bricks)
And there are still plenty of spare heads kicking around for when it does finally give up. And hey, the odd broken drive train component is just par for the couse really.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
ging

Post by ging »

nick_m wrote:H165 should handle a sr20de fine, they are pretty strong. just a little difficult to find LSDs for thats all.
h195 for life. weld it up and once you blow a axle you'l still be able to drive it home lol
Evil13
Financial Member

Post by Evil13 »

ging wrote:
h195 for life. weld it up and once you blow a axle you'l still be able to drive it home lol
Haha sounds good iv had to remove a broken axle on the side if the road and weld it up not pretty
Went shopping today got new
Tailgate with latches and hinges, bonnet, front guards, grill, apron, ignition barrel and new lights all around :dance2:
More then likely going to get murdered when the missus sees it in the mail
1200 sedan

1961 ford galaxie
Evil13
Financial Member

Post by Evil13 »

new parts turned up :D
seen this dash and thought it was cool
s13 calipers
got my column shift sr gearbox

ramtubes for intake are still being built so haven't been able to finish building engine
i emailed the guy about the torsen lsd diff in Australia and never heard back so unsure what to do with driveline
im not sure what to do with suspension and brakes iv got the s13 calipers but i currently have drums front and back what parts do i need?
does anyone know what i do for a clutch seeing as i will be fitting a hydraulic clutch system?
1200 sedan

1961 ford galaxie
Bartman
Committee Members

Post by Bartman »

The easy struts to use with the S13 conversion are 1200 car or coupe ones. Or 120Y (b210) wagon coupe, or sedan.
With those, the conversion is almost bolt together.
I don't doubt for a second that they could be made to work on other struts, but those are the ones I'm familair with.
They don't call me the man with the rubber arm for nothing you know.............
DATY12
Regular
aka: Kev

Post by DATY12 »

Glad the panels arrived safely, they look good on your wall for the time being :)
Looking forward to seeing them all bolted on.
Datsuns I've owned
Datsun Sunny x 4
Datsun 1200 Sedan
Datsun 1200 Roadstar Ute
-Current
Datsun C20 Vanette
Evil13
Financial Member

Post by Evil13 »

Cheers for the parts stoked with them can you get back guards?
1200 sedan

1961 ford galaxie
Evil13
Financial Member

\datsun 1200 ute project (new wheels)

Post by Evil13 »

bought these ssr speed sharks for my ute
14x7.5 and 14x8

1200 sedan

1961 ford galaxie